West Hampstead streets cordoned off over firearms fears
Police swarmed West Hampstead this afternoon after two incidents believed to have involved firearms. Glady's Road was cordoned off by police at around 4pm after reports of an attempted robbery of a scooter driver by youths armed with handguns. And at the
Police swarmed West Hampstead this afternoon after two incidents believed to have involved firearms.
Glady's Road was cordoned off by police at around 4pm after reports of an attempted robbery of a scooter driver by youths armed with handguns.
And at the same time part of West End Lane, in between the Thameslink and Overground stations, was also cordoned off after police gave chase to two youths, one of whom is believed to have been carrying a gun.
According to witnesses the youths dumped the car they were in outside the post office and fled on foot from police who are believed to have been pursuing them in an unmarked car.
You may also want to watch:
One of the youths is believed to have run into West Hampstead underground station and jumped over the live tube tracks to try and get away.
The police have so far not confirmed the two incidents are connected. The Ham&High understands several arrests have been made in connection with the two incidents.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points