West Hampstead streets cordoned off over firearms fears
Police swarmed West Hampstead this afternoon after two incidents believed to have involved firearms. Glady's Road was cordoned off by police at around 4pm after reports of an attempted robbery of a scooter driver by youths armed with handguns. And at the
Police swarmed West Hampstead this afternoon after two incidents believed to have involved firearms.
Glady's Road was cordoned off by police at around 4pm after reports of an attempted robbery of a scooter driver by youths armed with handguns.
And at the same time part of West End Lane, in between the Thameslink and Overground stations, was also cordoned off after police gave chase to two youths, one of whom is believed to have been carrying a gun.
According to witnesses the youths dumped the car they were in outside the post office and fled on foot from police who are believed to have been pursuing them in an unmarked car.
You may also want to watch:
One of the youths is believed to have run into West Hampstead underground station and jumped over the live tube tracks to try and get away.
The police have so far not confirmed the two incidents are connected. The Ham&High understands several arrests have been made in connection with the two incidents.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach