West Hampstead streets cordoned off over firearms fears
Police swarmed West Hampstead this afternoon after two incidents believed to have involved firearms. Glady's Road was cordoned off by police at around 4pm after reports of an attempted robbery of a scooter driver by youths armed with handguns. And at the
Police swarmed West Hampstead this afternoon after two incidents believed to have involved firearms.
Glady's Road was cordoned off by police at around 4pm after reports of an attempted robbery of a scooter driver by youths armed with handguns.
And at the same time part of West End Lane, in between the Thameslink and Overground stations, was also cordoned off after police gave chase to two youths, one of whom is believed to have been carrying a gun.
According to witnesses the youths dumped the car they were in outside the post office and fled on foot from police who are believed to have been pursuing them in an unmarked car.
You may also want to watch:
One of the youths is believed to have run into West Hampstead underground station and jumped over the live tube tracks to try and get away.
The police have so far not confirmed the two incidents are connected. The Ham&High understands several arrests have been made in connection with the two incidents.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill