West Hampstead streets cordoned off over firearms fears
Police swarmed West Hampstead this afternoon after two incidents believed to have involved firearms. Glady's Road was cordoned off by police at around 4pm after reports of an attempted robbery of a scooter driver by youths armed with handguns. And at the
Police swarmed West Hampstead this afternoon after two incidents believed to have involved firearms.
Glady's Road was cordoned off by police at around 4pm after reports of an attempted robbery of a scooter driver by youths armed with handguns.
And at the same time part of West End Lane, in between the Thameslink and Overground stations, was also cordoned off after police gave chase to two youths, one of whom is believed to have been carrying a gun.
According to witnesses the youths dumped the car they were in outside the post office and fled on foot from police who are believed to have been pursuing them in an unmarked car.
You may also want to watch:
One of the youths is believed to have run into West Hampstead underground station and jumped over the live tube tracks to try and get away.
The police have so far not confirmed the two incidents are connected. The Ham&High understands several arrests have been made in connection with the two incidents.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'