West Hampstead residents treated to estate agents’ soaking
- Credit: Archant
Residents in West Hampstead got to cross off another item from their bucket list after seeing their estate agents drenched in icy water.
Staff at Paramount Properties were spotted outside their offices in West End Lane last Thursday having icy water tipped over their heads while fully clothed.
The charity fundraiser, known as the ice bucket challenge, has become a global craze with sports stars, celebrities and even world leaders uploading videos to the internet of themselves being soaked.
The phenomenon is to raise money and awareness for motor neurone disease.
Ashley Mehr, 30, of Paramount Properties, organised the challenge and told the Ham&High: “Exercise is hugely important to me and after watching numerous ice bucket challenge videos I realised how much we all take our health and mobility for granted.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m pleased we were able to donate to the cause and do our bit to raise awareness of the condition locally.”
The group nominated fellow West Hampstead estate agents Greene & Co, Parkheath and Dutch & Dutch to be the next to take part in the challenge.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 6 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 7 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing