West Hampstead residents treated to estate agents’ soaking
- Credit: Archant
Residents in West Hampstead got to cross off another item from their bucket list after seeing their estate agents drenched in icy water.
Staff at Paramount Properties were spotted outside their offices in West End Lane last Thursday having icy water tipped over their heads while fully clothed.
The charity fundraiser, known as the ice bucket challenge, has become a global craze with sports stars, celebrities and even world leaders uploading videos to the internet of themselves being soaked.
The phenomenon is to raise money and awareness for motor neurone disease.
Ashley Mehr, 30, of Paramount Properties, organised the challenge and told the Ham&High: “Exercise is hugely important to me and after watching numerous ice bucket challenge videos I realised how much we all take our health and mobility for granted.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m pleased we were able to donate to the cause and do our bit to raise awareness of the condition locally.”
The group nominated fellow West Hampstead estate agents Greene & Co, Parkheath and Dutch & Dutch to be the next to take part in the challenge.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 5 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved