West Hampstead residents treated to estate agents’ soaking
- Credit: Archant
Residents in West Hampstead got to cross off another item from their bucket list after seeing their estate agents drenched in icy water.
Staff at Paramount Properties were spotted outside their offices in West End Lane last Thursday having icy water tipped over their heads while fully clothed.
The charity fundraiser, known as the ice bucket challenge, has become a global craze with sports stars, celebrities and even world leaders uploading videos to the internet of themselves being soaked.
The phenomenon is to raise money and awareness for motor neurone disease.
Ashley Mehr, 30, of Paramount Properties, organised the challenge and told the Ham&High: “Exercise is hugely important to me and after watching numerous ice bucket challenge videos I realised how much we all take our health and mobility for granted.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m pleased we were able to donate to the cause and do our bit to raise awareness of the condition locally.”
The group nominated fellow West Hampstead estate agents Greene & Co, Parkheath and Dutch & Dutch to be the next to take part in the challenge.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up