West Hampstead residents treated to estate agents’ soaking
- Credit: Archant
Residents in West Hampstead got to cross off another item from their bucket list after seeing their estate agents drenched in icy water.
Staff at Paramount Properties were spotted outside their offices in West End Lane last Thursday having icy water tipped over their heads while fully clothed.
The charity fundraiser, known as the ice bucket challenge, has become a global craze with sports stars, celebrities and even world leaders uploading videos to the internet of themselves being soaked.
The phenomenon is to raise money and awareness for motor neurone disease.
Ashley Mehr, 30, of Paramount Properties, organised the challenge and told the Ham&High: “Exercise is hugely important to me and after watching numerous ice bucket challenge videos I realised how much we all take our health and mobility for granted.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m pleased we were able to donate to the cause and do our bit to raise awareness of the condition locally.”
The group nominated fellow West Hampstead estate agents Greene & Co, Parkheath and Dutch & Dutch to be the next to take part in the challenge.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change