West Hampstead pub targeted in latest daylight robbery
BUSINESSES have been told to be on their guard after thousands of pounds worth of a pub's takings were stolen in a daylight robbery in West Hampstead. On Monday around �12,000 cash believed to have belonged to a pub was taken by thieves as an employee wai
BUSINESSES have been told to be on their guard after thousands of pounds worth of a pub's takings were stolen in a daylight robbery in West Hampstead.
On Monday around �12,000 cash believed to have belonged to a pub was taken by thieves as an employee waited in the queue at West End Lane's Post Office at 3.30pm.
It is the second time this month that a venue's earnings have been targeted by robbers in the borough and police are not ruling out the possibility the same gang is involved.
The Ham&High reported earlier this month how on April 5 crooks, disguised as workmen, tried to rob the boss of the Church club at Kentish Town Forum of his �15,000 takings but snatched the wrong bag.
You may also want to watch:
A Camden police spokesman said: "Police are reminding businesses to be vigilant when taking money to banks, building societies or post offices."
In Monday's robbery the pub's 24-year-old employee was standing in the queue when he was told he would be shot if he did not hand over the cash.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
The victim dropped the money and the suspects ran out of the building.
Suspect one is a white 18-year-old male, 5ft 5ins tall, wearing a black hooded top with small white stars on it and jeans. He had a deep voice.
Suspect two has been described as a black 18-year-old male, 6ft 2ins tall, wearing a black hat, black coat and blue jeans. He was of a slim build.
Anyone with information is asked to call Camden Police on 020 7404 1212 or anonymously, through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.