West Hampstead pub targeted in latest daylight robbery
BUSINESSES have been told to be on their guard after thousands of pounds worth of a pub's takings were stolen in a daylight robbery in West Hampstead. On Monday around �12,000 cash believed to have belonged to a pub was taken by thieves as an employee wai
BUSINESSES have been told to be on their guard after thousands of pounds worth of a pub's takings were stolen in a daylight robbery in West Hampstead.
On Monday around �12,000 cash believed to have belonged to a pub was taken by thieves as an employee waited in the queue at West End Lane's Post Office at 3.30pm.
It is the second time this month that a venue's earnings have been targeted by robbers in the borough and police are not ruling out the possibility the same gang is involved.
The Ham&High reported earlier this month how on April 5 crooks, disguised as workmen, tried to rob the boss of the Church club at Kentish Town Forum of his �15,000 takings but snatched the wrong bag.
You may also want to watch:
A Camden police spokesman said: "Police are reminding businesses to be vigilant when taking money to banks, building societies or post offices."
In Monday's robbery the pub's 24-year-old employee was standing in the queue when he was told he would be shot if he did not hand over the cash.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
The victim dropped the money and the suspects ran out of the building.
Suspect one is a white 18-year-old male, 5ft 5ins tall, wearing a black hooded top with small white stars on it and jeans. He had a deep voice.
Suspect two has been described as a black 18-year-old male, 6ft 2ins tall, wearing a black hat, black coat and blue jeans. He was of a slim build.
Anyone with information is asked to call Camden Police on 020 7404 1212 or anonymously, through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.