West Hampstead man wearing hospital gown found collapsed and unconscious on West End Lane
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A man wearing a hospital gown and bracelet was found lying unconscious on the pavement in West Hampstead on the evening of Saturday May 25.
Melissa Matos and her boyfriend called for an ambulance after seeing the man, in his late 40s, lying on the ground near West Hampstead Station, West End Lane.
He was reported to have bottles of beer and wine beside him.
Ms Matos, 28, of Dynham Road, West Hampstead, said: “We were so worried about him. People were just walking over and around him. Nobody was stopping to help.
“We called 999 and I went to the off-licence to get him a bottle of water. The paramedics knew him, having picked him up the day before.”
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance arrived at 6.30pm and took the man to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change