West Hampstead man wearing hospital gown found collapsed and unconscious on West End Lane
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A man wearing a hospital gown and bracelet was found lying unconscious on the pavement in West Hampstead on the evening of Saturday May 25.
Melissa Matos and her boyfriend called for an ambulance after seeing the man, in his late 40s, lying on the ground near West Hampstead Station, West End Lane.
He was reported to have bottles of beer and wine beside him.
Ms Matos, 28, of Dynham Road, West Hampstead, said: “We were so worried about him. People were just walking over and around him. Nobody was stopping to help.
“We called 999 and I went to the off-licence to get him a bottle of water. The paramedics knew him, having picked him up the day before.”
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance arrived at 6.30pm and took the man to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 6 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
- 10 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds