West Hampstead man wearing hospital gown found collapsed and unconscious on West End Lane
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A man wearing a hospital gown and bracelet was found lying unconscious on the pavement in West Hampstead on the evening of Saturday May 25.
Melissa Matos and her boyfriend called for an ambulance after seeing the man, in his late 40s, lying on the ground near West Hampstead Station, West End Lane.
He was reported to have bottles of beer and wine beside him.
Ms Matos, 28, of Dynham Road, West Hampstead, said: “We were so worried about him. People were just walking over and around him. Nobody was stopping to help.
“We called 999 and I went to the off-licence to get him a bottle of water. The paramedics knew him, having picked him up the day before.”
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance arrived at 6.30pm and took the man to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 3 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure