West Hampstead man wearing hospital gown found collapsed and unconscious on West End Lane
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A man wearing a hospital gown and bracelet was found lying unconscious on the pavement in West Hampstead on the evening of Saturday May 25.
Melissa Matos and her boyfriend called for an ambulance after seeing the man, in his late 40s, lying on the ground near West Hampstead Station, West End Lane.
He was reported to have bottles of beer and wine beside him.
Ms Matos, 28, of Dynham Road, West Hampstead, said: “We were so worried about him. People were just walking over and around him. Nobody was stopping to help.
“We called 999 and I went to the off-licence to get him a bottle of water. The paramedics knew him, having picked him up the day before.”
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance arrived at 6.30pm and took the man to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes