West Hampstead man's asbo for slamming doors
SLAMMING doors is the latest crime to come under an Asbo clampdown in Camden. A West Hampstead man, of Minster Road, received the order to put an end to his anti-social behaviour, which has included slamming doors, after residents said his angry behaviour
SLAMMING doors is the latest offence to come under an Asbo clampdown in Camden.
A West Hampstead man, of Minster Road, received the order to put an end to his anti-social behaviour, which has included slamming doors, after residents said his angry behaviour was making their lives a misery.
The 53-year-old was handed an interim Asbo at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court in March. Police and Camden Council have requested he not be named.
Residents were said to have suffered three years of "abusive" and "intimidating" behaviour. The Asbo stops him from slamming doors but also from using threatening, abusive, intimidating or insulting language. It also bars him from causing harassment to his neighbours and includes conditions stopping him from playing loud music and leaving household rubbish in communal stairways.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Patrick Conyngham from Fortune Green SNT said: "We will not tolerate any sort of behaviour which has a negative affect on an area and people's quality of life." The interim Asbo will remain in place until a judge decides whether or not to grant a permanent order.
Meanwhile, after becoming the oldest man in Camden to receive an Asbo earlier this month Terence O'Rourke, 68, has unfortunately become the oldest man to breach the conditions of his Asbo.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
The Ham&High understands O'Rourke, of Croftdown Road, Highgate, was arrested last month for the breach of his Asbo conditions, one of which barred him from waving his walking stick in an aggressive manor.