West Hampstead crash: Motorcyclist killed in collision with car and lorry in Mill Lane
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died in a collision in Mill Lane, West Hampstead.
Police confirmed the man’s death after an incident involving a car and a lorry and thought to have taken place at around 1pm on Wednesday.
The man’s bike was seen strewn across the road in West Hampstead while police and paramedics secured the scene.
Images show a pick-up truck with a skip on the back was involved.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “Police were called at 13:02hrs on Wednesday, 18 November, to reports of a road traffic collision on Mill Lane, near the junction of Westbere Road, NW6.
You may also want to watch:
“Very sadly, despite best efforts of paramedics, a man - the motorcyclist - was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Scotland Yard said both other drivers involved had stopped at the scene and were assisting their inquiries.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 8 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
No arrests have been made and an investigation continues.
Swiss Cottage man Shademan Irvanipour saw the aftermath. He told the Ham&High: “It looked as though the bike had possibly been turning into Mill Lane.
“I just feel so sorry for the rider.”
Mill Lane and surrounding roads remain closed.
Any witnesses, or those with relevant dashcam footage, are urged to call police using 101 quoting CAD: 3241
Did you witness the crash? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on 07785616237 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk