West Hampstead community centre celebrates 30th birthday
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Old and new users of a West Hampstead community centre gathered together last week for a celebratory lunch in honour of its 30th anniversary.
The Sidings Community Centre in Brassey Road offers activities for people living in the area and they have a number of projects and workshops aimed at all ages.
Users of the community centre celebrated the landmark birthday with a cake and a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday.
Centre manager Sue Measures said: “It was heartening and wonderful to see how many people turned up to help us commemorate 30 years of providing a wide range of services in the neighbourhood.
“About 70 people attended the lunch which turned out to be an international feast with members donating lots of different dishes, and others sending well wishes and congratulations.
You may also want to watch:
“The highlight was when everyone sang a loud Happy Birthday when we lit the cake and lots of people gave some spontaneous and heart-warming speeches of support.
“There was a brilliant atmosphere and it was great to share our 30th anniversary with the local community”.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community