West Hampstead community centre celebrates 30th birthday
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Old and new users of a West Hampstead community centre gathered together last week for a celebratory lunch in honour of its 30th anniversary.
The Sidings Community Centre in Brassey Road offers activities for people living in the area and they have a number of projects and workshops aimed at all ages.
Users of the community centre celebrated the landmark birthday with a cake and a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday.
Centre manager Sue Measures said: “It was heartening and wonderful to see how many people turned up to help us commemorate 30 years of providing a wide range of services in the neighbourhood.
“About 70 people attended the lunch which turned out to be an international feast with members donating lots of different dishes, and others sending well wishes and congratulations.
You may also want to watch:
“The highlight was when everyone sang a loud Happy Birthday when we lit the cake and lots of people gave some spontaneous and heart-warming speeches of support.
“There was a brilliant atmosphere and it was great to share our 30th anniversary with the local community”.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds