West Hampstead Asparagus Festival: H?m restaurant and London Farmers Market hold veg-themed event
- Credit: Archant
West End Lane restaurant H?m joined forces with the London Farmers Market to launch the West Hampstead Asparagus Festival on Saturday.
Ham's head chef, Matt Osborne, attended the festival and gave a live cooking demonstration in the morning.
Speaking to the Ham&High about the festival, Matt said he has "always thought about wanting to do stuff with the market" and this was the perfect chance. He welcomed the "opportunity to work with the market and vegetable growers" as a way to build a conversation about sustainable food sources.
Matt also said that the festival was an "opportunity for the restaurant to connect with the community more".
Explaining why he wanted to take part, Matt said it is the time to "celebrate the beginning of the season and beginning of spring, which is a fantastic time for produce."
You may also want to watch:
And Matt's own favourite asparagus dish? "Cooking it on the barbeque with olive oil and lemon."
"[Having a] big plate of it is the absolute ideal way to do it."
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres