West Hampstead Asparagus Festival: H?m restaurant and London Farmers Market hold veg-themed event
- Credit: Archant
West End Lane restaurant H?m joined forces with the London Farmers Market to launch the West Hampstead Asparagus Festival on Saturday.
Ham's head chef, Matt Osborne, attended the festival and gave a live cooking demonstration in the morning.
Speaking to the Ham&High about the festival, Matt said he has "always thought about wanting to do stuff with the market" and this was the perfect chance. He welcomed the "opportunity to work with the market and vegetable growers" as a way to build a conversation about sustainable food sources.
Matt also said that the festival was an "opportunity for the restaurant to connect with the community more".
Explaining why he wanted to take part, Matt said it is the time to "celebrate the beginning of the season and beginning of spring, which is a fantastic time for produce."
You may also want to watch:
And Matt's own favourite asparagus dish? "Cooking it on the barbeque with olive oil and lemon."
"[Having a] big plate of it is the absolute ideal way to do it."
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 9 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 10 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late