West Hampstead Asparagus Festival: H?m restaurant and London Farmers Market hold veg-themed event
- Credit: Archant
West End Lane restaurant H?m joined forces with the London Farmers Market to launch the West Hampstead Asparagus Festival on Saturday.
Ham's head chef, Matt Osborne, attended the festival and gave a live cooking demonstration in the morning.
Speaking to the Ham&High about the festival, Matt said he has "always thought about wanting to do stuff with the market" and this was the perfect chance. He welcomed the "opportunity to work with the market and vegetable growers" as a way to build a conversation about sustainable food sources.
Matt also said that the festival was an "opportunity for the restaurant to connect with the community more".
Explaining why he wanted to take part, Matt said it is the time to "celebrate the beginning of the season and beginning of spring, which is a fantastic time for produce."
You may also want to watch:
And Matt's own favourite asparagus dish? "Cooking it on the barbeque with olive oil and lemon."
"[Having a] big plate of it is the absolute ideal way to do it."
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home