West Hampstead Asparagus Festival: H?m restaurant and London Farmers Market hold veg-themed event
- Credit: Archant
West End Lane restaurant H?m joined forces with the London Farmers Market to launch the West Hampstead Asparagus Festival on Saturday.
Ham's head chef, Matt Osborne, attended the festival and gave a live cooking demonstration in the morning.
Speaking to the Ham&High about the festival, Matt said he has "always thought about wanting to do stuff with the market" and this was the perfect chance. He welcomed the "opportunity to work with the market and vegetable growers" as a way to build a conversation about sustainable food sources.
Matt also said that the festival was an "opportunity for the restaurant to connect with the community more".
Explaining why he wanted to take part, Matt said it is the time to "celebrate the beginning of the season and beginning of spring, which is a fantastic time for produce."
You may also want to watch:
And Matt's own favourite asparagus dish? "Cooking it on the barbeque with olive oil and lemon."
"[Having a] big plate of it is the absolute ideal way to do it."
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched