WEST CENTRAL GLA: Conservatives confident of victory
THE TORY candidate for London West Central is confident of holding onto the seat for his party. Kit Malthouse said he believed he was well on course for victory in the seat, which includes the boroughs of Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmit
THE TORY candidate for London West Central is confident of holding onto the seat for his party.
Kit Malthouse said he believed he was well on course for victory in the seat, which includes the boroughs of Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham.
He said: "I am excited and pretty confident for this seat, but you never know with the mayoral elections. Turn out has been a lot higher than 2004, which is fantastic. I think it will be low 40s as opposed to 32 per cent in 2004. I am pretty confident of winning we have a lot of support here and we ran a good operation."
Cllr Malthouse is contesting the seat for the Conservatives after Angie Bray stepped down from the seat to become parliamentary candidate for Ealing Central and Acton.
You may also want to watch:
He is fighting for the seat against Murad Qureshi of the Labour Party, Merlene Emerson of the Lib Dems and Julia Stephenson of the Green Party.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town