WEST CENTRAL GLA: Conservatives confident of victory
THE TORY candidate for London West Central is confident of holding onto the seat for his party. Kit Malthouse said he believed he was well on course for victory in the seat, which includes the boroughs of Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmit
THE TORY candidate for London West Central is confident of holding onto the seat for his party.
Kit Malthouse said he believed he was well on course for victory in the seat, which includes the boroughs of Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham.
He said: "I am excited and pretty confident for this seat, but you never know with the mayoral elections. Turn out has been a lot higher than 2004, which is fantastic. I think it will be low 40s as opposed to 32 per cent in 2004. I am pretty confident of winning we have a lot of support here and we ran a good operation."
Cllr Malthouse is contesting the seat for the Conservatives after Angie Bray stepped down from the seat to become parliamentary candidate for Ealing Central and Acton.
You may also want to watch:
He is fighting for the seat against Murad Qureshi of the Labour Party, Merlene Emerson of the Lib Dems and Julia Stephenson of the Green Party.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station