Wenger unhappy with Walcott's dual role for England
Arsene Wenger says he does not want Theo Walcott to play for both England Under-21s and senior side this summer. The Arsenal winger is in line to be picked by England manager Fabio Capello for next month s World Cup qualifiers with Kazakhstan and Andorra
Arsene Wenger says he does not want Theo Walcott to play for both England Under-21s and senior side this summer.
The Arsenal winger is in line to be picked by England manager Fabio Capello for next month's World Cup qualifiers with Kazakhstan and Andorra.
He could also feature for Stuart Pearce's side in the Euro Under-21 Championships, which does not end until June 28, just over a week before Arsenal begin their pre-season.
"My feeling is that I am against it, and I have let the FA know that he shouldn't play in both national teams during the holiday period," said Wenger.
You may also want to watch:
"It is difficult for us to accept that, but the rules are on the sides of the federation. But I have let them know that it is not logical that he plays for the first team and the Under-21s during the holiday period."
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres