Wenger unhappy with Walcott's dual role for England
Arsene Wenger says he does not want Theo Walcott to play for both England Under-21s and senior side this summer. The Arsenal winger is in line to be picked by England manager Fabio Capello for next month s World Cup qualifiers with Kazakhstan and Andorra
Arsene Wenger says he does not want Theo Walcott to play for both England Under-21s and senior side this summer.
The Arsenal winger is in line to be picked by England manager Fabio Capello for next month's World Cup qualifiers with Kazakhstan and Andorra.
He could also feature for Stuart Pearce's side in the Euro Under-21 Championships, which does not end until June 28, just over a week before Arsenal begin their pre-season.
"My feeling is that I am against it, and I have let the FA know that he shouldn't play in both national teams during the holiday period," said Wenger.
You may also want to watch:
"It is difficult for us to accept that, but the rules are on the sides of the federation. But I have let them know that it is not logical that he plays for the first team and the Under-21s during the holiday period."
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 6 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'