Wenger unhappy with Walcott's dual role for England
Arsene Wenger says he does not want Theo Walcott to play for both England Under-21s and senior side this summer. The Arsenal winger is in line to be picked by England manager Fabio Capello for next month s World Cup qualifiers with Kazakhstan and Andorra
Arsene Wenger says he does not want Theo Walcott to play for both England Under-21s and senior side this summer.
The Arsenal winger is in line to be picked by England manager Fabio Capello for next month's World Cup qualifiers with Kazakhstan and Andorra.
He could also feature for Stuart Pearce's side in the Euro Under-21 Championships, which does not end until June 28, just over a week before Arsenal begin their pre-season.
"My feeling is that I am against it, and I have let the FA know that he shouldn't play in both national teams during the holiday period," said Wenger.
You may also want to watch:
"It is difficult for us to accept that, but the rules are on the sides of the federation. But I have let them know that it is not logical that he plays for the first team and the Under-21s during the holiday period."
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up