Wenger unhappy with Walcott's dual role for England
Arsene Wenger says he does not want Theo Walcott to play for both England Under-21s and senior side this summer. The Arsenal winger is in line to be picked by England manager Fabio Capello for next month s World Cup qualifiers with Kazakhstan and Andorra
Arsene Wenger says he does not want Theo Walcott to play for both England Under-21s and senior side this summer.
The Arsenal winger is in line to be picked by England manager Fabio Capello for next month's World Cup qualifiers with Kazakhstan and Andorra.
He could also feature for Stuart Pearce's side in the Euro Under-21 Championships, which does not end until June 28, just over a week before Arsenal begin their pre-season.
"My feeling is that I am against it, and I have let the FA know that he shouldn't play in both national teams during the holiday period," said Wenger.
You may also want to watch:
"It is difficult for us to accept that, but the rules are on the sides of the federation. But I have let them know that it is not logical that he plays for the first team and the Under-21s during the holiday period."
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 10 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return