Wenger turns on fans over 'negative' vibes at Emirates
Arsene Wenger has criticised Arsenal fans after the club s trophyless season. Addressing Thursday s shareholders forum he turned on supporters criticism at a fourth success campaign without silverware. He claimed the Emirates, which has been virtually s
Arsene Wenger has criticised Arsenal fans after the club's trophyless season.
Addressing Thursday's shareholders' forum he turned on supporters' criticism at a fourth success campaign without silverware.
He claimed the Emirates, which has been virtually sold out for every game this season, had been a ''negative environment'' - and denied the players do not care.
"It is easy to sit in the stand and say that they (the players) are not up for the fight," Wenger moeaned.
You may also want to watch:
"What they have done in this season in a negative environment shows what they can do."
"There is a massive difference between the away fans, who are absolutely fantastic, and the home ones.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 7 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
"It is always that negative way of thinking, that the players do not care... what this team needs is people who are fans of the club."