Wenger turns on fans over 'negative' vibes at Emirates
Arsene Wenger has criticised Arsenal fans after the club s trophyless season. Addressing Thursday s shareholders forum he turned on supporters criticism at a fourth success campaign without silverware. He claimed the Emirates, which has been virtually s
Arsene Wenger has criticised Arsenal fans after the club's trophyless season.
Addressing Thursday's shareholders' forum he turned on supporters' criticism at a fourth success campaign without silverware.
He claimed the Emirates, which has been virtually sold out for every game this season, had been a ''negative environment'' - and denied the players do not care.
"It is easy to sit in the stand and say that they (the players) are not up for the fight," Wenger moeaned.
You may also want to watch:
"What they have done in this season in a negative environment shows what they can do."
"There is a massive difference between the away fans, who are absolutely fantastic, and the home ones.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
"It is always that negative way of thinking, that the players do not care... what this team needs is people who are fans of the club."