Wenger turns on fans over 'negative' vibes at Emirates
Arsene Wenger has criticised Arsenal fans after the club s trophyless season. Addressing Thursday s shareholders forum he turned on supporters criticism at a fourth success campaign without silverware. He claimed the Emirates, which has been virtually s
Arsene Wenger has criticised Arsenal fans after the club's trophyless season.
Addressing Thursday's shareholders' forum he turned on supporters' criticism at a fourth success campaign without silverware.
He claimed the Emirates, which has been virtually sold out for every game this season, had been a ''negative environment'' - and denied the players do not care.
"It is easy to sit in the stand and say that they (the players) are not up for the fight," Wenger moeaned.
You may also want to watch:
"What they have done in this season in a negative environment shows what they can do."
"There is a massive difference between the away fans, who are absolutely fantastic, and the home ones.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
"It is always that negative way of thinking, that the players do not care... what this team needs is people who are fans of the club."