Wenger turns on fans over 'negative' vibes at Emirates
Arsene Wenger has criticised Arsenal fans after the club s trophyless season. Addressing Thursday s shareholders forum he turned on supporters criticism at a fourth success campaign without silverware. He claimed the Emirates, which has been virtually s
Arsene Wenger has criticised Arsenal fans after the club's trophyless season.
Addressing Thursday's shareholders' forum he turned on supporters' criticism at a fourth success campaign without silverware.
He claimed the Emirates, which has been virtually sold out for every game this season, had been a ''negative environment'' - and denied the players do not care.
"It is easy to sit in the stand and say that they (the players) are not up for the fight," Wenger moeaned.
You may also want to watch:
"What they have done in this season in a negative environment shows what they can do."
"There is a massive difference between the away fans, who are absolutely fantastic, and the home ones.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 5 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 8 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 9 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 10 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
"It is always that negative way of thinking, that the players do not care... what this team needs is people who are fans of the club."