Wenger remains cautious after Arsenal open up five-point lead
Arsene Wenger has promised his side will not take their foot off the gas after they took a five point lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League with a 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers, writes Jem Maidment. I don t want my team to focus on the differen
Arsene Wenger has promised his side will not take their foot off the gas after they took a five point lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League with a 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers, writes Jem Maidment.
"I don't want my team to focus on the difference between us and the rest," he said after the win over Rovers. I want them to focus on strengthening our lead and going to every game to keep that momentum going.
"There is still a long way to go," he said.
Cesc Fabregas is now walking a disciplinary tightrope after collecting his ninth booking of the season in injury time on Monday. He will automatically pick up a two-match ban if he receives on more yellow card.
You may also want to watch:
See this week's Ham&High for full story.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 4 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 9 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London