Wenger remains cautious after Arsenal open up five-point lead
Arsene Wenger has promised his side will not take their foot off the gas after they took a five point lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League with a 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers, writes Jem Maidment. I don t want my team to focus on the differen
Arsene Wenger has promised his side will not take their foot off the gas after they took a five point lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League with a 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers, writes Jem Maidment.
"I don't want my team to focus on the difference between us and the rest," he said after the win over Rovers. I want them to focus on strengthening our lead and going to every game to keep that momentum going.
"There is still a long way to go," he said.
Cesc Fabregas is now walking a disciplinary tightrope after collecting his ninth booking of the season in injury time on Monday. He will automatically pick up a two-match ban if he receives on more yellow card.
You may also want to watch:
See this week's Ham&High for full story.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 5 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate