Wenger remains cautious after Arsenal open up five-point lead
Arsene Wenger has promised his side will not take their foot off the gas after they took a five point lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League with a 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers, writes Jem Maidment. I don t want my team to focus on the differen
Arsene Wenger has promised his side will not take their foot off the gas after they took a five point lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League with a 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers, writes Jem Maidment.
"I don't want my team to focus on the difference between us and the rest," he said after the win over Rovers. I want them to focus on strengthening our lead and going to every game to keep that momentum going.
"There is still a long way to go," he said.
Cesc Fabregas is now walking a disciplinary tightrope after collecting his ninth booking of the season in injury time on Monday. He will automatically pick up a two-match ban if he receives on more yellow card.
You may also want to watch:
See this week's Ham&High for full story.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points