Wenger clinches signing of Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey
Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey is expected to become Arsene Wenger s first summer signing, writes Jem Maidment. Manchester United and Everton have both made bids for the Cardiff City winger, who has scored twice in 22 appearances for the Bluebirds.
Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey is expected to become Arsene Wenger's first summer signing, writes Jem Maidment.
Manchester United and Everton have both made bids for the Cardiff City winger, who has scored twice in 22 appearances for the Bluebirds.
But despite strong rumours he was Old Trafford-bound, the Caerphilly-born attacker opted for The Emirates instead.
Wenger clinched the deal, which is worth £5m, when he met Ramsey and his parents in Switzerland at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
"We wish him the best of luck in the top-flight," said a statement from Cardiff.
Ramsey will shortly have a medical before the deal is completed.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
There was more good news for Gunners fan this week as Robin van Persie made his first appearance since April 28 when he played the final 20 minutes of Holland's 3-0 Euro 2008 win over Italy.
He is expected to face Gunners skipper William Gallas when the Dutch take on France, who drew 0-0 against Romania in their first game, in Berne on Friday.