Wenger clinches signing of Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey
Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey is expected to become Arsene Wenger s first summer signing, writes Jem Maidment. Manchester United and Everton have both made bids for the Cardiff City winger, who has scored twice in 22 appearances for the Bluebirds.
Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey is expected to become Arsene Wenger's first summer signing, writes Jem Maidment.
Manchester United and Everton have both made bids for the Cardiff City winger, who has scored twice in 22 appearances for the Bluebirds.
But despite strong rumours he was Old Trafford-bound, the Caerphilly-born attacker opted for The Emirates instead.
Wenger clinched the deal, which is worth £5m, when he met Ramsey and his parents in Switzerland at the weekend.
"We wish him the best of luck in the top-flight," said a statement from Cardiff.
Ramsey will shortly have a medical before the deal is completed.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 4 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 5 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 6 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 7 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 8 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 9 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 10 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
There was more good news for Gunners fan this week as Robin van Persie made his first appearance since April 28 when he played the final 20 minutes of Holland's 3-0 Euro 2008 win over Italy.
He is expected to face Gunners skipper William Gallas when the Dutch take on France, who drew 0-0 against Romania in their first game, in Berne on Friday.