Wenger clinches signing of Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey
Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey is expected to become Arsene Wenger s first summer signing, writes Jem Maidment. Manchester United and Everton have both made bids for the Cardiff City winger, who has scored twice in 22 appearances for the Bluebirds.
Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey is expected to become Arsene Wenger's first summer signing, writes Jem Maidment.
Manchester United and Everton have both made bids for the Cardiff City winger, who has scored twice in 22 appearances for the Bluebirds.
But despite strong rumours he was Old Trafford-bound, the Caerphilly-born attacker opted for The Emirates instead.
Wenger clinched the deal, which is worth £5m, when he met Ramsey and his parents in Switzerland at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
"We wish him the best of luck in the top-flight," said a statement from Cardiff.
Ramsey will shortly have a medical before the deal is completed.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
There was more good news for Gunners fan this week as Robin van Persie made his first appearance since April 28 when he played the final 20 minutes of Holland's 3-0 Euro 2008 win over Italy.
He is expected to face Gunners skipper William Gallas when the Dutch take on France, who drew 0-0 against Romania in their first game, in Berne on Friday.