Wenger clinches signing of Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey
Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey is expected to become Arsene Wenger s first summer signing, writes Jem Maidment. Manchester United and Everton have both made bids for the Cardiff City winger, who has scored twice in 22 appearances for the Bluebirds.
Welsh teenage sensation Aaron Ramsey is expected to become Arsene Wenger's first summer signing, writes Jem Maidment.
Manchester United and Everton have both made bids for the Cardiff City winger, who has scored twice in 22 appearances for the Bluebirds.
But despite strong rumours he was Old Trafford-bound, the Caerphilly-born attacker opted for The Emirates instead.
Wenger clinched the deal, which is worth £5m, when he met Ramsey and his parents in Switzerland at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
"We wish him the best of luck in the top-flight," said a statement from Cardiff.
Ramsey will shortly have a medical before the deal is completed.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 8 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
There was more good news for Gunners fan this week as Robin van Persie made his first appearance since April 28 when he played the final 20 minutes of Holland's 3-0 Euro 2008 win over Italy.
He is expected to face Gunners skipper William Gallas when the Dutch take on France, who drew 0-0 against Romania in their first game, in Berne on Friday.