WEMBLEY COUNTDOWN: Harry lashes out at Uefa Cup timing
SPURS boss Harry Redknapp goes into tonight s Uefa Cup last 32 second leg tie against Shakhtar Donetsk at the Lane admitting it is a game he could do without, writes Patrick Mooney. Redknapp is unhappy with the scheduling of the tie – just three before hi
SPURS boss Harry Redknapp goes into tonight's Uefa Cup last 32 second leg tie against Shakhtar Donetsk at the Lane admitting it is a game he could do without, writes Patrick Mooney.
Redknapp is unhappy with the scheduling of the tie - just three before his side's Carling Cup clash with Manchester United at Wembley.
"Whoever heard of playing on a Thursday night before a cup final on Sunday," said Redknapp. "It is ludicrous. The whole fixture list is crazy. Something needs to be done.
"Most teams who get to a cup final are preparing all week. In the old days you would see players going away for two or three days to a hotel, resting with a spa bath and getting ready.
"It is unfortunate we are in the Uefa Cup really - it does not help things."
Spurs go into the second leg 2-0 down after conceding goals in the last 11 minutes in Denetsk last Thursday.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 3 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 7 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 8 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 9 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 10 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
Redknapp has said he will ring the changes and rest the majority of his Carling Cup squad tonight, with likely starts for teenage rookies Dean Parrett and John Bostock.