WEMBLEY COUNTDOWN: Harry lashes out at Uefa Cup timing
SPURS boss Harry Redknapp goes into tonight s Uefa Cup last 32 second leg tie against Shakhtar Donetsk at the Lane admitting it is a game he could do without, writes Patrick Mooney. Redknapp is unhappy with the scheduling of the tie – just three before hi
SPURS boss Harry Redknapp goes into tonight's Uefa Cup last 32 second leg tie against Shakhtar Donetsk at the Lane admitting it is a game he could do without, writes Patrick Mooney.
Redknapp is unhappy with the scheduling of the tie - just three before his side's Carling Cup clash with Manchester United at Wembley.
"Whoever heard of playing on a Thursday night before a cup final on Sunday," said Redknapp. "It is ludicrous. The whole fixture list is crazy. Something needs to be done.
"Most teams who get to a cup final are preparing all week. In the old days you would see players going away for two or three days to a hotel, resting with a spa bath and getting ready.
You may also want to watch:
"It is unfortunate we are in the Uefa Cup really - it does not help things."
Spurs go into the second leg 2-0 down after conceding goals in the last 11 minutes in Denetsk last Thursday.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
Redknapp has said he will ring the changes and rest the majority of his Carling Cup squad tonight, with likely starts for teenage rookies Dean Parrett and John Bostock.