WEMBLEY COUNTDOWN: Fergies selection makes Spurs genuine contenders
Spurs legend Gary Mabbutt, himself a Wembley winner, believes Tottenham have a better chance of winning this year s Carling Cup than they did last year, when they upset the form book and beat Chelsea. Sir Alex Ferguson has said he will stick with the same
Spurs legend Gary Mabbutt, himself a Wembley winner, believes Tottenham have a better chance of winning this year's Carling Cup than they did last year, when they upset the form book and beat Chelsea.
Sir Alex Ferguson has said he will stick with the same team that played in most of the earlier rounds of the competition at Wembley.
That team, so far, has been a mixture of young, second-string reserves, sprinkled with more experienced players.
Mabbutt believes talented youngsters like Jonny Evans, Darron Gibson and Danny Welbeck might freeze in the big-match atmosphere of a Wembley cup final.
'In fact, I feel we actually have a better chance this time round against United than we had against Chelsea last year' he says.
Read Gary's big-match analysis in our Carling Cup Final supplement, free in this week's Ham&High.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 4 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 7 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 8 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 9 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London