WEMBLEY COUNTDOWN: Fergies selection makes Spurs genuine contenders
Spurs legend Gary Mabbutt, himself a Wembley winner, believes Tottenham have a better chance of winning this year s Carling Cup than they did last year, when they upset the form book and beat Chelsea. Sir Alex Ferguson has said he will stick with the same
Spurs legend Gary Mabbutt, himself a Wembley winner, believes Tottenham have a better chance of winning this year's Carling Cup than they did last year, when they upset the form book and beat Chelsea.
Sir Alex Ferguson has said he will stick with the same team that played in most of the earlier rounds of the competition at Wembley.
That team, so far, has been a mixture of young, second-string reserves, sprinkled with more experienced players.
Mabbutt believes talented youngsters like Jonny Evans, Darron Gibson and Danny Welbeck might freeze in the big-match atmosphere of a Wembley cup final.
You may also want to watch:
'In fact, I feel we actually have a better chance this time round against United than we had against Chelsea last year' he says.
Read Gary's big-match analysis in our Carling Cup Final supplement, free in this week's Ham&High.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London