WEMBLEY COUNTDOWN: Fergies selection makes Spurs genuine contenders
Spurs legend Gary Mabbutt, himself a Wembley winner, believes Tottenham have a better chance of winning this year s Carling Cup than they did last year, when they upset the form book and beat Chelsea. Sir Alex Ferguson has said he will stick with the same
Spurs legend Gary Mabbutt, himself a Wembley winner, believes Tottenham have a better chance of winning this year's Carling Cup than they did last year, when they upset the form book and beat Chelsea.
Sir Alex Ferguson has said he will stick with the same team that played in most of the earlier rounds of the competition at Wembley.
That team, so far, has been a mixture of young, second-string reserves, sprinkled with more experienced players.
Mabbutt believes talented youngsters like Jonny Evans, Darron Gibson and Danny Welbeck might freeze in the big-match atmosphere of a Wembley cup final.
You may also want to watch:
'In fact, I feel we actually have a better chance this time round against United than we had against Chelsea last year' he says.
Read Gary's big-match analysis in our Carling Cup Final supplement, free in this week's Ham&High.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'