WEMBLEY COUNTDOWN: Fergies selection makes Spurs genuine contenders
Spurs legend Gary Mabbutt, himself a Wembley winner, believes Tottenham have a better chance of winning this year s Carling Cup than they did last year, when they upset the form book and beat Chelsea. Sir Alex Ferguson has said he will stick with the same
Spurs legend Gary Mabbutt, himself a Wembley winner, believes Tottenham have a better chance of winning this year's Carling Cup than they did last year, when they upset the form book and beat Chelsea.
Sir Alex Ferguson has said he will stick with the same team that played in most of the earlier rounds of the competition at Wembley.
That team, so far, has been a mixture of young, second-string reserves, sprinkled with more experienced players.
Mabbutt believes talented youngsters like Jonny Evans, Darron Gibson and Danny Welbeck might freeze in the big-match atmosphere of a Wembley cup final.
You may also want to watch:
'In fact, I feel we actually have a better chance this time round against United than we had against Chelsea last year' he says.
Read Gary's big-match analysis in our Carling Cup Final supplement, free in this week's Ham&High.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 6 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 7 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close