This is when thunder storms could hit north London
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Thunder storms are on their way after a period of intense sunshine, the Met Office has forecast.
The agency says north London could peak at 30 degrees this afternoon (Tuesday, July 20) at around 4pm. Shortly after that, the rain will begin.
The most intense rain shower is set to be around 5pm when thunder and lightning has been forecast. This is set to ease within the hour, with light rain predicted for the rest of the night.
A spokesperson said: “A dry and sunny start across the region.
“However, there is a risk of heavy thundery showers developing for the afternoon, with hail and gusty winds possible. Mostly very warm or hot, but cooler towards the east coast.”
You may also want to watch:
The forecaster added: “Any heavy thundery showers only slowly dying out during the evening. Then a dry night with long clear spells.”
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release