This is when thunder storms could hit north London
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Thunder storms are on their way after a period of intense sunshine, the Met Office has forecast.
The agency says north London could peak at 30 degrees this afternoon (Tuesday, July 20) at around 4pm. Shortly after that, the rain will begin.
The most intense rain shower is set to be around 5pm when thunder and lightning has been forecast. This is set to ease within the hour, with light rain predicted for the rest of the night.
A spokesperson said: “A dry and sunny start across the region.
“However, there is a risk of heavy thundery showers developing for the afternoon, with hail and gusty winds possible. Mostly very warm or hot, but cooler towards the east coast.”
You may also want to watch:
The forecaster added: “Any heavy thundery showers only slowly dying out during the evening. Then a dry night with long clear spells.”
- 1 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 2 'That's life': Tao Geoghegan Hart on his debut Tour de France
- 3 Protests over Highgate housing plan but council moves to reassure locals
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 Doctors 'didn't want to accept' blood products were risky, inquiry hears
- 6 Hampstead Heath swimming ponds reopen a week after floods
- 7 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 8 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
- 9 Hundreds raised for St John’s Wood shop wrecked by flooding
- 10 Rokesly pupils enjoy Sports Day at Priory Park