Temperatures set to reach 20C in London this bank holiday
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
It may not feel like it, but warm weather is on the way with temperatures expected to rise to around 20C in London this weekend.
The capital has been hit by strong winds and rain over the past few days with meteorologists marking it as one of the wettest Mays on record.
But that is set to change over the bank holiday weekend, from May 29-31.
A spokesman for the Met Office said: “High pressure will be the largely dominant feature across the UK during this period.
“This will bring mainly fine and settled conditions across the UK, with temperatures recovering and feeling locally warm in southern and central areas.”
You may also want to watch:
The forecaster added: “Mostly dry conditions are likely to then continue (or return) through this period especially towards the south and east, but there remains the risk of some brief interludes of rain or showers, most likely affecting areas in the northwest and far south.
“Temperatures overall are likely to be close to average for the time of year.”
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 3 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 6 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 7 Shakespeare comedy and children's shows at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre
- 8 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 9 Boundary changes plan would 'split' Hampstead and see new Muswell Hill seat
- 10 My view: Hampstead could change a lot in the coming years, for the better