Highgate Wood among parks and woods closed due to Storm Eleanor
- Credit: Archant
Golders Green Park, the Hill Garden and Highgate Wood are closed today, as the storm continues to rage.
The City of London Corporation took the decision on health and safety grounds.
A spokesman for the Corporation said: “Due to the impact of Storm Eleanor we have closed a number of areas including Golders Hill Park, The Hill Garden, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park. Visitor safety is our number one priority so they will remain closed for the rest of today.
“They will reopen when we have checked they are safe for visitors. Please keep an eye on our Twitter feed for the latest updates.”
There were also severe delays this morning on the Metropolitan Line between Harrow on the Hill and Aldgate after a tree fell on the track at Ickenham.
You may also want to watch:
Winds overnight in London were recorded at more than 70mph, and further winds of 45mph are forecast for today.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind in London until 6pm this evening.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 3 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 4 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 5 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 James, Feeder and Maxïmo Park to play opening night of Kenwood
- 8 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 9 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 10 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods