Highgate Wood among parks and woods closed due to Storm Eleanor
- Credit: Archant
Golders Green Park, the Hill Garden and Highgate Wood are closed today, as the storm continues to rage.
The City of London Corporation took the decision on health and safety grounds.
A spokesman for the Corporation said: “Due to the impact of Storm Eleanor we have closed a number of areas including Golders Hill Park, The Hill Garden, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park. Visitor safety is our number one priority so they will remain closed for the rest of today.
“They will reopen when we have checked they are safe for visitors. Please keep an eye on our Twitter feed for the latest updates.”
There were also severe delays this morning on the Metropolitan Line between Harrow on the Hill and Aldgate after a tree fell on the track at Ickenham.
You may also want to watch:
Winds overnight in London were recorded at more than 70mph, and further winds of 45mph are forecast for today.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind in London until 6pm this evening.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day