Highgate Wood among parks and woods closed due to Storm Eleanor
- Credit: Archant
Golders Green Park, the Hill Garden and Highgate Wood are closed today, as the storm continues to rage.
The City of London Corporation took the decision on health and safety grounds.
A spokesman for the Corporation said: “Due to the impact of Storm Eleanor we have closed a number of areas including Golders Hill Park, The Hill Garden, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park. Visitor safety is our number one priority so they will remain closed for the rest of today.
“They will reopen when we have checked they are safe for visitors. Please keep an eye on our Twitter feed for the latest updates.”
There were also severe delays this morning on the Metropolitan Line between Harrow on the Hill and Aldgate after a tree fell on the track at Ickenham.
Winds overnight in London were recorded at more than 70mph, and further winds of 45mph are forecast for today.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind in London until 6pm this evening.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 8 Haringey to splash £54m on Civic Centre makeover and extension
- 9 Camden gets £400k to overhaul planning system
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate