Highgate Wood among parks and woods closed due to Storm Eleanor
- Credit: Archant
Golders Green Park, the Hill Garden and Highgate Wood are closed today, as the storm continues to rage.
The City of London Corporation took the decision on health and safety grounds.
A spokesman for the Corporation said: “Due to the impact of Storm Eleanor we have closed a number of areas including Golders Hill Park, The Hill Garden, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park. Visitor safety is our number one priority so they will remain closed for the rest of today.
“They will reopen when we have checked they are safe for visitors. Please keep an eye on our Twitter feed for the latest updates.”
There were also severe delays this morning on the Metropolitan Line between Harrow on the Hill and Aldgate after a tree fell on the track at Ickenham.
You may also want to watch:
Winds overnight in London were recorded at more than 70mph, and further winds of 45mph are forecast for today.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind in London until 6pm this evening.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 3 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 4 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 7 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 8 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green