Business almost as usual in snowy Camden
SNOW is still coming down across north London this morning threatening an interruption to services across the area.
In Camden traffic wardens have been called off side roads in the north of the borough while street cleaning was suspended to make way for the gritters.
A comment on Camden’s website read: “We are currently not enforcing parking on side roads in the north of the borough. Main roads in the north of the borough, and all roads in the south of the borough are being enforced as normal. Our street cleansing service is currently suspended to enable staff to clear pavements.”
Meanwhile Cantelowes Skate Park was closed because of the icy conditions.
Priority for gritting was being given to main roads and pavements across the area and no schools have yet been closed by the weather.
You may also want to watch:
Most youngsters were already enjoying the frosty weather and the festive look it brought to Hampstead and Highgate.
Send in your snow pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury