Business almost as usual in snowy Camden
SNOW is still coming down across north London this morning threatening an interruption to services across the area.
In Camden traffic wardens have been called off side roads in the north of the borough while street cleaning was suspended to make way for the gritters.
A comment on Camden’s website read: “We are currently not enforcing parking on side roads in the north of the borough. Main roads in the north of the borough, and all roads in the south of the borough are being enforced as normal. Our street cleansing service is currently suspended to enable staff to clear pavements.”
Meanwhile Cantelowes Skate Park was closed because of the icy conditions.
Priority for gritting was being given to main roads and pavements across the area and no schools have yet been closed by the weather.
You may also want to watch:
Most youngsters were already enjoying the frosty weather and the festive look it brought to Hampstead and Highgate.
Send in your snow pictures to email@example.com.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham