Knifecrime crackdown: Weapons seized and one arrest following dawn raid in Camden
- Credit: Archant
Cops arrested a man and seized a crossbow, knuckle duster and gun during a dawn swoop in Camden.
A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of bringing offensive weapons into the country, firearms offences, possession of offensive weapons and possession of Class C drugs after a search warrant was executed at in Camden Park Road.
Officers also found banned knives and adapted firearms in the raid, part of a week-long crackdown on knifecrime.
Det Supt Sean Yates said: “We are committed to tackling knife crime to make the streets of London a safer place and these arrests and seizures reflect that.
“Operations like this are essential for not only pursuing criminals, but also for reassuring the public that we are clamping down on knife crime,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Between 2015 and 2016 there were 217 male victims of knife crime under the age of 24 in Camden compared to 523 in Haringey and 260 in Barnet.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 8 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 9 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond