Knifecrime crackdown: Weapons seized and one arrest following dawn raid in Camden
- Credit: Archant
Cops arrested a man and seized a crossbow, knuckle duster and gun during a dawn swoop in Camden.
A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of bringing offensive weapons into the country, firearms offences, possession of offensive weapons and possession of Class C drugs after a search warrant was executed at in Camden Park Road.
Officers also found banned knives and adapted firearms in the raid, part of a week-long crackdown on knifecrime.
Det Supt Sean Yates said: “We are committed to tackling knife crime to make the streets of London a safer place and these arrests and seizures reflect that.
“Operations like this are essential for not only pursuing criminals, but also for reassuring the public that we are clamping down on knife crime,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Between 2015 and 2016 there were 217 male victims of knife crime under the age of 24 in Camden compared to 523 in Haringey and 260 in Barnet.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa