Knifecrime crackdown: Weapons seized and one arrest following dawn raid in Camden
- Credit: Archant
Cops arrested a man and seized a crossbow, knuckle duster and gun during a dawn swoop in Camden.
A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of bringing offensive weapons into the country, firearms offences, possession of offensive weapons and possession of Class C drugs after a search warrant was executed at in Camden Park Road.
Officers also found banned knives and adapted firearms in the raid, part of a week-long crackdown on knifecrime.
Det Supt Sean Yates said: “We are committed to tackling knife crime to make the streets of London a safer place and these arrests and seizures reflect that.
“Operations like this are essential for not only pursuing criminals, but also for reassuring the public that we are clamping down on knife crime,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Between 2015 and 2016 there were 217 male victims of knife crime under the age of 24 in Camden compared to 523 in Haringey and 260 in Barnet.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 8 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 9 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote