Knifecrime crackdown: Weapons seized and one arrest following dawn raid in Camden
- Credit: Archant
Cops arrested a man and seized a crossbow, knuckle duster and gun during a dawn swoop in Camden.
A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of bringing offensive weapons into the country, firearms offences, possession of offensive weapons and possession of Class C drugs after a search warrant was executed at in Camden Park Road.
Officers also found banned knives and adapted firearms in the raid, part of a week-long crackdown on knifecrime.
Det Supt Sean Yates said: “We are committed to tackling knife crime to make the streets of London a safer place and these arrests and seizures reflect that.
“Operations like this are essential for not only pursuing criminals, but also for reassuring the public that we are clamping down on knife crime,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Between 2015 and 2016 there were 217 male victims of knife crime under the age of 24 in Camden compared to 523 in Haringey and 260 in Barnet.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab