Knifecrime crackdown: Weapons seized and one arrest following dawn raid in Camden
- Credit: Archant
Cops arrested a man and seized a crossbow, knuckle duster and gun during a dawn swoop in Camden.
A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of bringing offensive weapons into the country, firearms offences, possession of offensive weapons and possession of Class C drugs after a search warrant was executed at in Camden Park Road.
Officers also found banned knives and adapted firearms in the raid, part of a week-long crackdown on knifecrime.
Det Supt Sean Yates said: “We are committed to tackling knife crime to make the streets of London a safer place and these arrests and seizures reflect that.
“Operations like this are essential for not only pursuing criminals, but also for reassuring the public that we are clamping down on knife crime,” he added.
Between 2015 and 2016 there were 217 male victims of knife crime under the age of 24 in Camden compared to 523 in Haringey and 260 in Barnet.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 8 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'