'We've done nothing wrong' Dutch FA tell Arsenal over Van Persie injury
The Dutch FA have hit back at allegations they did not take Robin van Persie s injury seriously. Arsene Wenger accused them of minimising the seriousness of the problem after the Arsenal star ruptured ankle ligaments during the Netherlands friendly aga
The Dutch FA have hit back at allegations they did not take Robin van Persie's injury seriously.
Arsene Wenger accused them of "minimising" the seriousness of the problem after the Arsenal star ruptured ankle ligaments during the Netherlands' friendly against Italy in Pescara on November 14.
Wenger also claimed KNVB (Dutch FA) officials were "disrespectful'' and that the injury was "much worse" than he was originally told.
It has since emerged the in-form striker requires surgery and could miss the rest of the season.
But a statement from the KNVB refuted Wenger's claims.
It read: "Directly after Robin van Persie got injured ... the doctor of the Netherlands team diagnosed an ankle ligament problem.
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 7 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 8 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 9 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 10 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
"The Arsenal striker went to the hospital in Amsterdam on Sunday, where further examination (MRI scan) confirmed the diagnosis of the medical staff of the Netherlands team - van Persie had a ruptured ligament of his right ankle.
"The medical staff of the KNVB contacted Arsenal club doctor Gary O'Driscoll the same Sunday to inform him about the outcome of the investigation and to transfer the medical record regarding this injury.
"The scan was also handed over to the medical staff of Arsenal.