'We've done nothing wrong' Dutch FA tell Arsenal over Van Persie injury
The Dutch FA have hit back at allegations they did not take Robin van Persie s injury seriously. Arsene Wenger accused them of minimising the seriousness of the problem after the Arsenal star ruptured ankle ligaments during the Netherlands friendly aga
The Dutch FA have hit back at allegations they did not take Robin van Persie's injury seriously.
Arsene Wenger accused them of "minimising" the seriousness of the problem after the Arsenal star ruptured ankle ligaments during the Netherlands' friendly against Italy in Pescara on November 14.
Wenger also claimed KNVB (Dutch FA) officials were "disrespectful'' and that the injury was "much worse" than he was originally told.
It has since emerged the in-form striker requires surgery and could miss the rest of the season.
You may also want to watch:
But a statement from the KNVB refuted Wenger's claims.
It read: "Directly after Robin van Persie got injured ... the doctor of the Netherlands team diagnosed an ankle ligament problem.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
"The Arsenal striker went to the hospital in Amsterdam on Sunday, where further examination (MRI scan) confirmed the diagnosis of the medical staff of the Netherlands team - van Persie had a ruptured ligament of his right ankle.
"The medical staff of the KNVB contacted Arsenal club doctor Gary O'Driscoll the same Sunday to inform him about the outcome of the investigation and to transfer the medical record regarding this injury.
"The scan was also handed over to the medical staff of Arsenal.