We'll make sure mayor Boris sticks to his promises
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported me in the recent London Assembly elections. Some of you had expressed regret that you did not live in West Central and could not vote directly for me, but 15,934 of you did and I am very grat
I would like to say a big "thank you" to everyone who supported me in the recent London Assembly elections. Some of you had expressed regret that you did not live in West Central and could not vote directly for me, but 15,934 of you did and I am very grateful to you.
It has been a real honour and a pleasure for me to stand as a candidate. I would have loved to be able to represent the people in West Central and bring more diversity to the London Assembly.
However, predictably, the mayoral race overshadowed the London Assembly elections. Despite the excellent efforts of Lib Dem mayoral candidate, Brian Paddick, we were badly squeezed in the London elections. Nationally the Lib Dems fared much better in council elections held on the same day and finished ahead of Labour with 25 per cent of the votes.
Fortunately, I can still continue with many of the campaigns that I have been involved with as prospective parliamentary candidate for Hammersmith.
I know that the Lib Dem teams in Kensington and Chelsea and in Westminster will also continue to serve you and fight for your interests locally. And we and our colleagues on the London Assembly will strive to ensure that the new mayor keeps to his pre-election pledges.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 5 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 6 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 7 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 8 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 HGO double bill: modern dress baroque opera as it would have sounded centuries ago
Candidate for West Central GLA Constituency
PPC for Hammersmith