We desperately need this council land for social housing
I am appalled that the Lib Dem/Tory controlled Camden Council is going to close down and then merge, amongst others, the present Ingestre Road home for Older People into the planned new Charlie Ratchford Centre and then will sell off the centre land on In
I am appalled that the Lib Dem/Tory controlled Camden Council is going to close down and then merge, amongst others, the present Ingestre Road home for Older People into the planned new Charlie Ratchford Centre and then will sell off the centre land on Ingestre Road estate to private developers!!
We have no land to build any new social housing so why on earth are this Council now selling off this piece of land in the middle of a council estate (which I had built incidentally) when we need land to build social housing for the 17,000 plus people on the housing waiting list?? Makes no sense as there is no sense in selling off the present Charlie Ratchford Centre land for private housing development when the Council builds the new Charlie Ratchford Centre in Crogsland Road!!
Doesn't anyone on the Council realise we have not got land to spare- and we have a duty to offer housing to those who are in need of it??
I hope all this is on the conscience of the Lib Dems/Tories at the Town Hall who make these decisions - as a council we should be providing social housing, not a land of plenty for the wealthy developers!!
Roger Robinson, Cllr
Opposition Lead on Housing
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 3 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 4 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 5 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 6 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 7 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 8 Man arrested after car overturns on Camden Road
- 9 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 10 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project