We desperately need this council land for social housing
I am appalled that the Lib Dem/Tory controlled Camden Council is going to close down and then merge, amongst others, the present Ingestre Road home for Older People into the planned new Charlie Ratchford Centre and then will sell off the centre land on In
I am appalled that the Lib Dem/Tory controlled Camden Council is going to close down and then merge, amongst others, the present Ingestre Road home for Older People into the planned new Charlie Ratchford Centre and then will sell off the centre land on Ingestre Road estate to private developers!!
We have no land to build any new social housing so why on earth are this Council now selling off this piece of land in the middle of a council estate (which I had built incidentally) when we need land to build social housing for the 17,000 plus people on the housing waiting list?? Makes no sense as there is no sense in selling off the present Charlie Ratchford Centre land for private housing development when the Council builds the new Charlie Ratchford Centre in Crogsland Road!!
Doesn't anyone on the Council realise we have not got land to spare- and we have a duty to offer housing to those who are in need of it??
I hope all this is on the conscience of the Lib Dems/Tories at the Town Hall who make these decisions - as a council we should be providing social housing, not a land of plenty for the wealthy developers!!
You may also want to watch:
Roger Robinson, Cllr
Opposition Lead on Housing
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair