We desperately need this council land for social housing
I am appalled that the Lib Dem/Tory controlled Camden Council is going to close down and then merge, amongst others, the present Ingestre Road home for Older People into the planned new Charlie Ratchford Centre and then will sell off the centre land on In
I am appalled that the Lib Dem/Tory controlled Camden Council is going to close down and then merge, amongst others, the present Ingestre Road home for Older People into the planned new Charlie Ratchford Centre and then will sell off the centre land on Ingestre Road estate to private developers!!
We have no land to build any new social housing so why on earth are this Council now selling off this piece of land in the middle of a council estate (which I had built incidentally) when we need land to build social housing for the 17,000 plus people on the housing waiting list?? Makes no sense as there is no sense in selling off the present Charlie Ratchford Centre land for private housing development when the Council builds the new Charlie Ratchford Centre in Crogsland Road!!
Doesn't anyone on the Council realise we have not got land to spare- and we have a duty to offer housing to those who are in need of it??
I hope all this is on the conscience of the Lib Dems/Tories at the Town Hall who make these decisions - as a council we should be providing social housing, not a land of plenty for the wealthy developers!!
You may also want to watch:
Roger Robinson, Cllr
Opposition Lead on Housing
- 1 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'