We desperately need this council land for social housing
I am appalled that the Lib Dem/Tory controlled Camden Council is going to close down and then merge, amongst others, the present Ingestre Road home for Older People into the planned new Charlie Ratchford Centre and then will sell off the centre land on In
I am appalled that the Lib Dem/Tory controlled Camden Council is going to close down and then merge, amongst others, the present Ingestre Road home for Older People into the planned new Charlie Ratchford Centre and then will sell off the centre land on Ingestre Road estate to private developers!!
We have no land to build any new social housing so why on earth are this Council now selling off this piece of land in the middle of a council estate (which I had built incidentally) when we need land to build social housing for the 17,000 plus people on the housing waiting list?? Makes no sense as there is no sense in selling off the present Charlie Ratchford Centre land for private housing development when the Council builds the new Charlie Ratchford Centre in Crogsland Road!!
Doesn't anyone on the Council realise we have not got land to spare- and we have a duty to offer housing to those who are in need of it??
I hope all this is on the conscience of the Lib Dems/Tories at the Town Hall who make these decisions - as a council we should be providing social housing, not a land of plenty for the wealthy developers!!
You may also want to watch:
Roger Robinson, Cllr
Opposition Lead on Housing
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 6 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 7 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 8 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 9 Stephen Mangan's first book is a family affair
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block