We can cheer Olympic golden girl up Highgate hills in 2012
For the third Olympics in succession, Britain s first Gold Medal was for cycling. What a FANTASTIC achievement by 25 year-old Nicole Cooke from the Vale of Glamorgan! Relentless rain for 126 kilometres perhaps reminded her of home! I look forward to ch
For the third Olympics in succession, Britain's first Gold Medal was for cycling. What a FANTASTIC achievement by 25 year-old Nicole Cooke from the Vale of Glamorgan! Relentless rain for 126 kilometres perhaps reminded her of home!
I look forward to cheering her on four years from now on London's own Olympic cycling circuit around Camden - up Albany St, Highgate West Hill and across Whitestone Ponds, when she'll be the reigning Olympic Champion.
To celebrate and join in the rising popularity of cycling in London, why not participate in the hugely enjoyable family cycling event which will see central London closed to motor vehicles for us cyclists for "Freewheel" on Sunday 21st September? Last year, the grins on the faces of the children was a joy to behold.
You may also want to watch:
Camden's Cycling Champion
Lib Dem Councillor for Cantelowes ward
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home