WATCH: Video shows London bus on fire on Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
This shocking video shows a London bus on fire outside Finchley and Frognal station.
The double decker was evacuated and fortunately nobody was injured,
The London fire brigade were called at 7.25pm on August 13and two fire engines arrived on the scene 10 minutes later. The 113 bus had just departed the O2 centre on Finchley Road and was heading towards its final destination of Edgware Road before it was forced to pull up.
The video shows a security guard risking his own life as he attempted to exstuingish the fire himself shortly before a minor explosion.
The A41 was shut both ways so that emergency services could clear the scene and recover the burning bus.
You may also want to watch:
A Transport for London spokeswoman said: “There were no injuries sustained by the passengers or driver and investigations as to the cause of the incident are under way.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'