Watch robberies: Men from West Hampstead and Cricklewood jailed over ‘shocking’ West End watch snatches
- Credit: Archant
Men from West Hampstead and Cricklewood were among a gang of eight jailed over a number of violent watch robberies in central London.
Mohammed Chaab, 20, of Handley Grove, Cricklewood, and 25 year old Khaled Guehis, 25, from Loveridge Road in West Hampstead will now both face time behind bars.
After pleading guilty to eleven offences Chaab will serve eight years, with Guehis set for five years and three months in jail for three offences.
In total, the gang of eight will serve 54 years in prison for a 14 street robberies and a burglary in Knightsbridge.
Det Sgt Holyhead, who led the operation to catch the gang, said: “I am pleased we’ve had such a significant result and would like to thank the victims for their patience and co-operation as we carried out our enquiries.”
You may also want to watch:
The police said the robberies saw a “shocking level of violence” as the men stole luxury watches off the wrists of their victims in Mayfair, Knightsbridge and the West End.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council