Wake up Hampstead: Pentameters needs your support
WAKE up, people of Hampstead. You have superb fringe theatre right on your doorstep. Pentameters entrance is around the corner from the The Horseshoes pub entrance. I took two friends there to see James Dean is Dead . . . Long Live James Dean. I had nev
WAKE up, people of Hampstead. You have superb fringe theatre right on your doorstep.
Pentameters' entrance is around the corner from the The Horseshoes pub entrance. I took two friends there to see James Dean is Dead . . . Long Live James Dean. I had never seen any of his movies, but knew he had met his end in an horrific car accident.
The play was riveting - superb, and I was shocked, alarmed, delighted and totally mesmerised by this young actor. It is not for the faint-hearted. I learned so much but I always love these one-man shows and we should have many more of them. Why doesn't somebody do Marilyn now?
However, I digress. My point is that there were barely half a dozen people in the audience. Leonie Scott-Matthews told me that they put on a show even if only one person turns up and said that the audience was probably due to the bank holiday - lots of people are away.
You may also want to watch:
True, but Pentameters is rarely jammed to the rafters, unlike the King's Head, Almeida, etc.
Why does everyone flock to the cinema when there is an amazing experience just a couple of blocks down the street? Hampstead is full of actors. Where are they? Give our wonderful Pentameters a chance and you'll be hooked.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
Leighton Road, NW5