Waitrose opens new store in West Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Waitrose opened a new store in West Hampstead early this morning.
Jane Brown, chair of the West Hampstead Women’s Centre, was chosen to unveil the new supermarket at the former site of Pizza Express in West End Lane.
The women’s centre will be one of three local causes - alongside the C4WS Homeless Project and the West Hampstead Community Centre - chosen to benefit from the Waitrose Community Matters scheme.
Ms Brown said: “It’s fantastic to be nominated to be part of the Community Matters scheme.
“The money raised by Waitrose will help the centre provide a wide variety of services to empower women, prevent isolation and bring women together in a safe and supportive space.”
You may also want to watch:
Nicky Clifford-Goss, store manager at Waitrose West Hampstead, added: “Waitrose continues to expand its reach within the capital and our new branch in West Hampstead will introduce the brand to an even wider audience.
“We hope that our new Little Waitrose will offer customers in the area a broader and more convenient shopping offer and we look forward to becoming part of the local community.”
The announcement that Waitrose was moving into West Hampstead was greeted with approval by estate agents a year ago as a sign the area was becoming increasingly affluent.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash