Waitrose creates 60 new jobs in Crouch End
UP to 60 news jobs are to be created in Crouch End with the opening of a new Waitrose store in the Broadway. The upmarket supermarket confirmed on Monday that it was taking over the former Woolworths shop at 35-39 the Broadway which has been vacant since
UP to 60 news jobs are to be created in Crouch End with the opening of a new Waitrose store in the Broadway.
The upmarket supermarket confirmed on Monday that it was taking over the former Woolworths shop at 35-39 the Broadway which has been vacant since January. Waitrose Director of Development, Nigel Keen, said: "We have wanted to come to Crouch End for a long time and believe we have found a location that will allow us to attract shoppers to the high street and trade successfully. Through revitalising a vacant building, we will not only create new jobs, but provide a wider choice of shopping services for the local community.
"Our objective is always to make a long lasting positive contribution to any area we serve. It is in our best interest to ensure Crouch End is an attractive place for visitors to come and we look forward to having the opportunity to work alongside our fellow traders."
Waitrose will take over the 6,230sq ft store in September and, following a multi-million pound refurbishment, aims to open by October.
You may also want to watch:
Up to 60 job opportunities will be created for the local community and recruitment will begin this week. As Partners in the John Lewis Partnership, new employees will be entitled to a say in how the business is run as well as an annual share in profits, saw staff receive 13 per cent of their annual wage in bonuses this year.
All jobs will be advertised at www.jlp.jobs.com.
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 5 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United