'Wonderful memories': Puppy visits Golders Green care home
- Credit: Barchester Healthcare Ltd
A care home in Golders Green enjoyed a visit from Waffle the Cavapoo for International Dog day.
Staff and residents at Barchester Magnolia Court, which provides residential, nursing and dementia care, were delighted to meet the pup – a mixed Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and poodle breed.
The home's general manager, Octavian Stanciu, said: “We are always looking for different activities for the residents and we have seen the seen the enjoyment and the therapeutic influence animals can have on people and we would like to thank Waffle for spending time with us today.”
Resident Bill was very excited to meet Waffle. He said: “As a child we had a Alsatian called honey. I have so many wonderful memories of our lovely dog.
"I love animals. Today was very enjoyable and it was wonderful that Waffle and her trusty assistant Sarah came to see us.”
Fellow resident Sally added: “Waffle is a great little character, she gave a great furry cuddle and we can’t wait to see her again.
"I have very fond memories of visiting my grandma’s Yorkshire poodle Sammy boy. Seeing Waffle today has bought back all those lovely memories.”
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 5 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 6 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 7 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 10 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'