Voters go to the polls
VOTERS came to ballot boxes around Camden today, exercising their powers to elect the next London mayor. Ham&High reporter Virginie Bauthier went to the polling station at Belsize Square Synagogue to gauge opinion
VOTERS came to ballot boxes around Camden today, exercising their powers to elect the next London mayor. Ham&High reporter Virginie Bauthier went to the polling station at Belsize Square Synagogue to gauge opinion.
Nicole Charlet, 61 from Belsize Park Gardens (top left) said: "I voted Ken Livingstone because he will protect the freedom pass for pensioners. This pass is a great saving on small pensions. It is really good for pensioners who wouldn't go out the door if it wasn't for this pass. He is a humanitarian and caring towards the pensioners. He will do his utmost to keep this pass."
Phil Eyres, 77 from Lancaster Grove (bottom right) said: "My first vote went to Sian Berry because I am a great Green supporter. But my second vote went to Ken Livingstone. This second vote is terribly important. I want Ken Livingstone to stay here. He is not perfect, but he is quite good. Overall, he does a good job."
Elena Egorova, 41 from Belsize Gardens (bottom left) said: "I am not happy with the current mayor. I am not happy with his policy on parking, transport, and tax. I voted Boris Johnson because I think he could make a difference."
You may also want to watch:
David Harris from Belsize Square (top right) said: "I voted Johnson. Not that I am against Labour, but I am tired of how Ken Livingstone spent our money on the Olympics, taxes and his trips on our expenses."
Zara Shirwan, 26 from Belsize Square said: "I voted Ken Livingstone because I think that Boris Johnson is a complete disgrace. I don't really trust him. Ken has done really good things with transport and he has successfully fought racism. He has done a lot for the community. I gave my second vote to Brian Paddick, just to keep Boris out.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub