Visting Waterlow Park with my dogs for 60 years
I have been visiting Waterlow Park for at least 60 years, firstly with my parents who have always had dogs. For the last 30 years I have walked my various dogs and continue to do so today, with my current dog Millie. I am now 68 and enjoy my walks up to t
I have been visiting Waterlow Park for at least 60 years, firstly with my parents who have always had dogs. For the last 30 years I have walked my various dogs and continue to do so today, with my current dog Millie.
I am now 68 and enjoy my walks up to the park as I live almost next door. I go at least three times a day and have only on one occasion seen any aggressive behaviour from a drunk with two very large dogs who threatened me.
Mostly during the winter months or when it rains the only people you'd see in Waterlow Park are dog walkers exercising themselves and their dogs. Many are elderly like myself and take their time strolling around the park, stopping and talking to each other and showing some social concern when some well-known walker or other hasn't turned up as to the well being of the owner and their dog.
Like myself these people are the ears and eyes of the parks.
Camden Council's planned new rules for all dog walkers is being rushed, with no proper consultation with the people who would be most affected by these new rules.
I urge everyone opposed to these new regulations to write with their objections to Cllr Flick Rea and to council chief executive Moira Gibb. The parks and open spaces belong to the people who live and pay their council taxes.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 10 Grease: 'High energy fun but I'm not hopelessly devoted'
Lulot Gardens, N19