Virgin boss Richard Branson puts his Little Venice houseboat up for rent
The extravagance of a billionaire is out of reach for most people, but a small slice of the high life is available in Little Venice for �1,100 a week.
Sir Richard Branson, the multi-billionaire boss of Virgin Atlantic airlines, has instructed estate agents Knight Frank to rent out his houseboat which is moored in Blomfield Road on the Regent’s Canal.
Sir Richard, who ranked 18th in the Sunday Times Richlist for 2011 with a wealth estimated at �3 billion, lived on the boat – called Duende - in the 1980s.
It was the base of operations as Sir Richard set about scaling the heights of the business world and held countless meetings with many different captains of industries.
Previously the boat has courted controversy as locals branded it an ‘eyesore’ but it has since undergone major renovation and was handed down to his children.
You may also want to watch:
The houseboat, which comes complete with its own garden plot, has up to the three bedrooms, a roof terrace, kitchen, shower room and reception.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 10 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen