Virgin boss Richard Branson puts his Little Venice houseboat up for rent
The extravagance of a billionaire is out of reach for most people, but a small slice of the high life is available in Little Venice for �1,100 a week.
Sir Richard Branson, the multi-billionaire boss of Virgin Atlantic airlines, has instructed estate agents Knight Frank to rent out his houseboat which is moored in Blomfield Road on the Regent’s Canal.
Sir Richard, who ranked 18th in the Sunday Times Richlist for 2011 with a wealth estimated at �3 billion, lived on the boat – called Duende - in the 1980s.
It was the base of operations as Sir Richard set about scaling the heights of the business world and held countless meetings with many different captains of industries.
Previously the boat has courted controversy as locals branded it an ‘eyesore’ but it has since undergone major renovation and was handed down to his children.
You may also want to watch:
The houseboat, which comes complete with its own garden plot, has up to the three bedrooms, a roof terrace, kitchen, shower room and reception.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 8 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 9 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road