Virgin boss Richard Branson puts his Little Venice houseboat up for rent
The extravagance of a billionaire is out of reach for most people, but a small slice of the high life is available in Little Venice for �1,100 a week.
Sir Richard Branson, the multi-billionaire boss of Virgin Atlantic airlines, has instructed estate agents Knight Frank to rent out his houseboat which is moored in Blomfield Road on the Regent’s Canal.
Sir Richard, who ranked 18th in the Sunday Times Richlist for 2011 with a wealth estimated at �3 billion, lived on the boat – called Duende - in the 1980s.
It was the base of operations as Sir Richard set about scaling the heights of the business world and held countless meetings with many different captains of industries.
Previously the boat has courted controversy as locals branded it an ‘eyesore’ but it has since undergone major renovation and was handed down to his children.
You may also want to watch:
The houseboat, which comes complete with its own garden plot, has up to the three bedrooms, a roof terrace, kitchen, shower room and reception.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 10 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess