VIDEO: Hampstead parents march on Downing Street for Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe jailed in Iran
- Credit: Archant
Around 200 mothers, fathers and children, are calling for Prime Minister Theresa May and Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson to take action
Richard Ratcliffe, husband of West Hampstead mum Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, has joined the march from Green Park to demand our government takes decisive action.
Community figures Jessica Learmond-Criqui and Linda Grove, with support from the Ham&High, organised the march this morning in central London.
The group will descend on Downing Street and then to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to call for Prime Minister Theresa May and Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson to act.
Parents will deliver a letter calling for Nazanin’s release, as well as a Christmas card and presents for Gabriella, Nazanin’s two-year-old daughter.
Thomson Reuters charity worker Nazanin and her daughter Gabriella, now two, were seized at Tehran airport on April 3 as they returned from a family holiday to visit her parents in Iran.
Nazanin, who has dual Anglo-Iranian nationality, was thrown in jail and Gabriella’s passport was seized, leaving her trapped in Iran where she is being cared for by her grandparents.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 6 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 9 Hampstead woman tells tribunal of alleged racist discrimination
- 10 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
Nazanin was sentenced to five years in jail by a court on still unspecified charges.
Husband Richard Ratcliffe believes Nazanin is being held as a bargaining tool by the Iran following a revelation that the British government is embroiled with a row with the Iranian government.
Iranian officials accuse the British government of owing £500million over some military equipment.
Richard revealed his wife had recently written her family a “goodbye letter” from jail and that her physical and mental health has deteriorated, in a worrying development.