VIDEO: Camden and Haringey celebrate 50th birthdays
Camden and Haringey councils have celebrated their 50th birthdays with special parties for residents.
Camden Council entertained residents with a free party for ticket winners at the Roundhouse, in Chalk Farm Road, Chalk Farm, on Monday.
On Saturday, thousands flocked to Haringey’s Bruce Castle Park, in Lordship Lane, Tottenham, for an all-day golden anniversary community festival.
There was face-painting, games and a bouncy castle to keep the children amused, as well as film screenings, cookery and dance workshops and live performances for the whole family.
Haringey mayor Cllr Jennifer Mann said: “It was fantastic to see so many people having fun and celebrating Haringey’s 50th birthday.”
You may also want to watch:
At the Roundhouse, residents were treated to live music performances, DJs, and a cake baking competition, with free cake to eat afterwards, judged by Primrose Bakery.
There were also live oral histories of Camden.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
See the video above produced by Camden Council to celebrate its 50th birthday.