VIDEO: Camden and Haringey celebrate 50th birthdays
Camden and Haringey councils have celebrated their 50th birthdays with special parties for residents.
Camden Council entertained residents with a free party for ticket winners at the Roundhouse, in Chalk Farm Road, Chalk Farm, on Monday.
On Saturday, thousands flocked to Haringey’s Bruce Castle Park, in Lordship Lane, Tottenham, for an all-day golden anniversary community festival.
There was face-painting, games and a bouncy castle to keep the children amused, as well as film screenings, cookery and dance workshops and live performances for the whole family.
Haringey mayor Cllr Jennifer Mann said: “It was fantastic to see so many people having fun and celebrating Haringey’s 50th birthday.”
You may also want to watch:
At the Roundhouse, residents were treated to live music performances, DJs, and a cake baking competition, with free cake to eat afterwards, judged by Primrose Bakery.
There were also live oral histories of Camden.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 8 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
See the video above produced by Camden Council to celebrate its 50th birthday.