VIDEO: Camden and Haringey celebrate 50th birthdays
Camden and Haringey councils have celebrated their 50th birthdays with special parties for residents.
Camden Council entertained residents with a free party for ticket winners at the Roundhouse, in Chalk Farm Road, Chalk Farm, on Monday.
On Saturday, thousands flocked to Haringey’s Bruce Castle Park, in Lordship Lane, Tottenham, for an all-day golden anniversary community festival.
There was face-painting, games and a bouncy castle to keep the children amused, as well as film screenings, cookery and dance workshops and live performances for the whole family.
Haringey mayor Cllr Jennifer Mann said: “It was fantastic to see so many people having fun and celebrating Haringey’s 50th birthday.”
You may also want to watch:
At the Roundhouse, residents were treated to live music performances, DJs, and a cake baking competition, with free cake to eat afterwards, judged by Primrose Bakery.
There were also live oral histories of Camden.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
See the video above produced by Camden Council to celebrate its 50th birthday.