VIDEO: Britain’s Next Top Model star becomes teacher at University College School in Hampstead
- Credit: Taylor Herring PR for Living TV
Imagine a classroom of teenage boys discovering their history teacher had been replaced by one of Britain’s next top models.
This was the news delivered to pupils at University College School (UCS) in Hampstead recently.
Since January, Welsh-born beauty Amelia Thomas has been teaching history to students of all ages at the prestigious independent school in Frognal as a cover teacher for an absent staff member.
In 2010, Miss Thomas, then 21, was tipped to take the fashion world by storm having become a finalist in series six of reality TV show Britain’s Next Top Model.
Millions tuned in to the weekly show on Sky’s Living channel to watch Miss Thomas battle it out with 13 other finalists in a bid to win a contract with a top modelling agency, as well as an appearance on the cover of Company magazine and a £100,000 contract with Revlon cosmetics.
You may also want to watch:
Having made it through a “Model Academy” run by the show’s host, supermodel Elle Macpherson, Miss Thomas made an early impression on the judges with her performance in a lingerie-themed photo shoot.
She then rubbed shoulders with singer Beyonce while appearing in a TV advert for the superstar’s new perfume during episode five of the show.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 School dreams big after unveiling £200k community kitchen
But by episode 11, the fiery redhead’s time was up as she was eliminated by the judges following a dancing challenge and rooftop photo shoot in Kuala Lumpur, where the contestants met world-famous designer Jimmy Choo.
Four years on, Miss Thomas has swapped poolside bikini shoots for textbooks and lesson planning.
But the Ham&High understands she is still turning heads in the school corridors.