VIDEO: Britain’s Next Top Model star becomes teacher at University College School in Hampstead
- Credit: Taylor Herring PR for Living TV
Imagine a classroom of teenage boys discovering their history teacher had been replaced by one of Britain’s next top models.
This was the news delivered to pupils at University College School (UCS) in Hampstead recently.
Since January, Welsh-born beauty Amelia Thomas has been teaching history to students of all ages at the prestigious independent school in Frognal as a cover teacher for an absent staff member.
In 2010, Miss Thomas, then 21, was tipped to take the fashion world by storm having become a finalist in series six of reality TV show Britain’s Next Top Model.
Millions tuned in to the weekly show on Sky’s Living channel to watch Miss Thomas battle it out with 13 other finalists in a bid to win a contract with a top modelling agency, as well as an appearance on the cover of Company magazine and a £100,000 contract with Revlon cosmetics.
You may also want to watch:
Having made it through a “Model Academy” run by the show’s host, supermodel Elle Macpherson, Miss Thomas made an early impression on the judges with her performance in a lingerie-themed photo shoot.
She then rubbed shoulders with singer Beyonce while appearing in a TV advert for the superstar’s new perfume during episode five of the show.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
But by episode 11, the fiery redhead’s time was up as she was eliminated by the judges following a dancing challenge and rooftop photo shoot in Kuala Lumpur, where the contestants met world-famous designer Jimmy Choo.
Four years on, Miss Thomas has swapped poolside bikini shoots for textbooks and lesson planning.
But the Ham&High understands she is still turning heads in the school corridors.