Vicious robbers sentenced over attacks on lone women
PUBLISHED: 11:11 06 August 2009 | UPDATED: 16:21 07 September 2010
Violent robbers Pedro Joseph and Mickel Holmes, who targeted wealthy women around north London, have been locked up indefinitely. The two men pleaded guilty to three offences in St John s Wood and Hampstead but were linked to numerous other attacks across
Violent robbers Pedro Joseph and Mickel Holmes, who targeted wealthy women around north London, have been locked up indefinitely.
The two men pleaded guilty to three offences in St John's Wood and Hampstead but were linked to numerous other attacks across the capital.
The tough sentences are good news for police and the public and come just weeks after Daniel and Matthew Mykoo, were convicted of 21 similar robberies against lone women including Hampstead fashion mogul Nicole Farhi.
Det Insp Neil Thompson of the Territorial Policing Crime Squad (TPCS) said: "Hopefully the sentences will go some way in helping the victims overcome their ordeals and will serve as a warning to others who carry out this type of crime."
After being investigated for 23 robberies Joseph, 22 and Holmes 18, pleaded guilty to three attacks on June 29, which were accepted by the Crown Prosecution Service.
On December 29, 2008 they targeted Natalie Saade, as she returned home to Allandale Avenue, Finchley. They tore her earrings out and ripped rings from her fingers. The jewellery was worth around £35,545 but has never been recovered.
On January 4, this year the pair attacked Dr Meera Dodhia in Aquila Street St John's Wood in broad daylight. The got away with earrings and a one carat diamond engagement ring worth a total of £10,000. Rebecca Dahan was returning home on January 13 after a night out when she was attacked and stripped of jewellery worth around £16,400 in Fitzjohn's Avenue.
The next day Joseph of Bruckner Street, Ladbroke Grove and Holmes, of Ranelagh Road, Harlesden, were picked up by police in the Hatton Garden area. They had jewellery on them that belonged to one of the victims of robbery and keys to a stolen car which was believed to have been used in one of the offences.
Sentencing them at Inner London Crown Court last week, Judge Mark Bishop said: "These offences reveal a chilling and ruthless premeditation in targeting vulnerable women."
The pair will serve a minimum of 10 and a half years before they can be considered for release. A third man aged 21 years remains remanded in custody and will be sentenced next month, after pleading guilty to another robbery.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ham&High. Click the link in the orange box above for details.