Veteran from Camden visits RAF Museum with Age UK
- Credit: Archant
A 92-year-old veteran from Camden recalled his time serving in the Second World War during a recent visit to the RAF Museum.
Henry Williams served in the Royal Air Force and went out to Egypt and Italy during the war.
He joined nine other pensioners from the area in a visit to the museum in Hendon earlier this month when they spoke about their experiences.
The outing was organised as part of Age UK Camden’s Men Of The World project, which aims to get elderly men from different backgrounds together to share their life experiences.
Laurie White, leader of the project and manager of Henderson Court Resource Centre, attached to Age UK Camden in Fitzjohns Avenue, said: “The Men Of The World group had a fantastic day out at the museum and it was very poignant for Henry to remember his time in the RAF.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the project has been successful in reducing isolation and enhancing quality of life for the men involved.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'