Veteran from Camden visits RAF Museum with Age UK
- Credit: Archant
A 92-year-old veteran from Camden recalled his time serving in the Second World War during a recent visit to the RAF Museum.
Henry Williams served in the Royal Air Force and went out to Egypt and Italy during the war.
He joined nine other pensioners from the area in a visit to the museum in Hendon earlier this month when they spoke about their experiences.
The outing was organised as part of Age UK Camden’s Men Of The World project, which aims to get elderly men from different backgrounds together to share their life experiences.
Laurie White, leader of the project and manager of Henderson Court Resource Centre, attached to Age UK Camden in Fitzjohns Avenue, said: “The Men Of The World group had a fantastic day out at the museum and it was very poignant for Henry to remember his time in the RAF.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the project has been successful in reducing isolation and enhancing quality of life for the men involved.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 6 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 7 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing