Veteran from Camden visits RAF Museum with Age UK
- Credit: Archant
A 92-year-old veteran from Camden recalled his time serving in the Second World War during a recent visit to the RAF Museum.
Henry Williams served in the Royal Air Force and went out to Egypt and Italy during the war.
He joined nine other pensioners from the area in a visit to the museum in Hendon earlier this month when they spoke about their experiences.
The outing was organised as part of Age UK Camden’s Men Of The World project, which aims to get elderly men from different backgrounds together to share their life experiences.
Laurie White, leader of the project and manager of Henderson Court Resource Centre, attached to Age UK Camden in Fitzjohns Avenue, said: “The Men Of The World group had a fantastic day out at the museum and it was very poignant for Henry to remember his time in the RAF.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the project has been successful in reducing isolation and enhancing quality of life for the men involved.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach