Veteran from Camden visits RAF Museum with Age UK
- Credit: Archant
A 92-year-old veteran from Camden recalled his time serving in the Second World War during a recent visit to the RAF Museum.
Henry Williams served in the Royal Air Force and went out to Egypt and Italy during the war.
He joined nine other pensioners from the area in a visit to the museum in Hendon earlier this month when they spoke about their experiences.
The outing was organised as part of Age UK Camden’s Men Of The World project, which aims to get elderly men from different backgrounds together to share their life experiences.
Laurie White, leader of the project and manager of Henderson Court Resource Centre, attached to Age UK Camden in Fitzjohns Avenue, said: “The Men Of The World group had a fantastic day out at the museum and it was very poignant for Henry to remember his time in the RAF.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the project has been successful in reducing isolation and enhancing quality of life for the men involved.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'