Veteran Fortune Green councillor Flick Rea re-elected to LGA tourism, sport and culture board
- Credit: Archant
Veteran Camden councillor Flick Rea has been re-elected as a member of the Local Government Association’s tourism, culture and sport board weeks after receiving an MBE.
Cllr Rea, who represents Fortune Green ward as a Liberal Democrat, was appointed chair of the board in February.
In a biannual open election held by the Lib Dems to choose board members from a pool of councillors, she was successfully re-elected last week.
Cllr Rea, who lives in Agamemnon Road, was made an MBE two weeks ago after representing Fortune Green residents for 27 years, the longest unbroken term of office in Camden Council’s history.
The former actress said: “I am passionately interested in the arts and in sport, which are importat but often neglected sectors.
You may also want to watch:
“People tend to dismiss them as nice but not essential and I am in the business of trying to prove that they are essential.”
The Local Government Association works to ensure that council concerns are heard on a national level, with the tourism, culture and sport board promoting the arts and sport in the wake of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 10 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit