Veteran Fortune Green councillor Flick Rea re-elected to LGA tourism, sport and culture board
- Credit: Archant
Veteran Camden councillor Flick Rea has been re-elected as a member of the Local Government Association’s tourism, culture and sport board weeks after receiving an MBE.
Cllr Rea, who represents Fortune Green ward as a Liberal Democrat, was appointed chair of the board in February.
In a biannual open election held by the Lib Dems to choose board members from a pool of councillors, she was successfully re-elected last week.
Cllr Rea, who lives in Agamemnon Road, was made an MBE two weeks ago after representing Fortune Green residents for 27 years, the longest unbroken term of office in Camden Council’s history.
The former actress said: “I am passionately interested in the arts and in sport, which are importat but often neglected sectors.
You may also want to watch:
“People tend to dismiss them as nice but not essential and I am in the business of trying to prove that they are essential.”
The Local Government Association works to ensure that council concerns are heard on a national level, with the tourism, culture and sport board promoting the arts and sport in the wake of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach