Venison burger with Binham Blue cheese and beetroot recipe
Venison burger with Binham Blue cheese and beetroot
From Matt Derges at The Gamekeeper, Old Buckenham. Serves 4
3 small bulbs of beetroot1 medium onion4 garlic cloves2 sprigs of rosemary2tbsp olive oil600g minced venison4 large gherkins3tsp wholegrain mustard1tsp creamed horseradish3 eggs1 cup of breadcrumbs2tsp Maldon salt1tsp ground black pepper� bunch flat leaf parsley (chopped)4�cm slices Binham Blue (150g)4 ciabatta or crusty baps
You may also want to watch:
1 Boil some water, add the beetroot and simmer for 30 mins until soft.2 Finely dice the onion and garlic and chop the rosemary. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook them with the venison mince on a low heat for 7-8 mins until soft. Remove from the heat and place in a mixing bowl.3 Finely dice the gherkins and add to the onions and garlic in the bowl. Into this, add the mustard, horseradish, eggs, breadcrumbs, seasoning and parsley. Using your hands, mix together thoroughly.4 Form into burgers ensuring they are not too fat as venison is a dense meat. These are ready to fry, grill or cook on a barbecue.5 Once burgers are cooked, put a slice of Binham Blue on top and gently melt. Peel beetroot, slice and add to burger and bun.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community