Vegetarian Glamorgan sausages with mashed potato and red wine gravy recipe
Glamorgan sausages with mashed potato and red wine gravy
For the sausage and mash:
3kg potatoes 4 large onions1 head of celery5tbsp chopped parsley500g Caerphilly cheese finely grated 800g breadcrumbs Black pepper5 large eggs 10tbsp milkButter
Cut the potatoes into equal sizes, bring to boil and simmer until soft. While the potatoes are cooking, chop and fry the onions until soft. Finely chop the celery and parsley and finely grate the cheese. Mix the onions, celery, parsley and cheese together in a bowl with the breadcrumbs and season with black pepper. Beat the eggs and add the milk, then pour enough into the bowl to bind the mixture. Take handfuls of the mixture and roll into sausage shapes (about 30). Gently fry on a low heat in a griddle pan for about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and mash with butter; season with salt and pepper to taste.
You may also want to watch:
For the gravy:
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 10 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
500g carrots4 leeks3 Spanish onionsOil500ml red wine3ltr water
Dice the carrots, 3 leeks and onions and cook in a pan with the oil until soft. Add the wine and 3ltr of water. Bring the pan to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Blend the ingredients and season to taste. Pour over the sausages and mash and garnish with the last leek, cut into strips and fried.
Viva the vegetable!
Take a look at Pulse’s veggie, vegan and gluten-free delights such as sweet potato fritters, aubergine p�t�, spicy bean burgers, home-made pizzas, winter root vegetable casserole and cauliflower and potato korma. Don’t miss desserts like grilled figs with cinnamon sprinkles, rice pudding with cherry coulis and blackberry and apple crumble.
Meat-free masterpieces Whether you have a family of herbivores or carnivores, Pulse Caf� Bar’s veggie-friendly sausage feast is sure to please every palate.
Pulse Caf� Bar, The Old Fire Station Stables, Labour in Vain Yard, Guildhall Hill, Norwich, NR2 1JD, 01603 765562, www.pulsecafebar.co.uk