Tell us your stories to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day
- Credit: Archant
This year we mark the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day and to celebrate we would like to share readers’ memories.
The early May bank holiday has been put back to Friday, May 8 this year to coincide with the day when fighting against Nazi Germany ended in Europe in the Second World War.
The holiday marks the start of three days of commemoration with events planned up and down the country.
To mark this historic anniversary, we would like to share stories from readers who remember VE Day 1945 either because they fought during the 1939-45 conflict or joined celebrations at the time.
If you don't mind being named, photographed and telling us how you marked the occasion, please get in touch with reporter Jon King on 020 8477 3893 or email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, if you are planning an event in the area, please let us know.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates