Van Persie's silverware dream as he pledges his future to Gunners
Robin van Persie said he only wants to win silverware with Arsenal after signing a contract extension with the club on Wednesday. The Netherlands striker, who arrived from Feyenoord in 2004, joined Theo Walcott, Kieron Gibbs, Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramse
Robin van Persie said he only wants to win silverware with Arsenal after signing a contract extension with the club on Wednesday.
The Netherlands striker, who arrived from Feyenoord in 2004, joined Theo Walcott, Kieron Gibbs, Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey in committing his future to the Gunners.
"One of the main reasons I signed was to lift a big trophy - I do not want to do it with a different team. I want to lift it with Arsenal," said the 25-year-old, who was the club's leading scorer last season with 20 goals.
"That is now my main target and it would make me so proud to do it. I know it is going to be hard, because we have lots of competition ... but I still see big chances for Arsenal, and it is my dream to lift trophies with this team."
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger added: "It's fantastic news that Robin has committed his long-term future to Arsenal Football Club, we're all delighted.
"Robin is a hugely gifted player and has the talent and goalscoring ability to win matches at the very top level... at only 25, there is still much more to come from him. Robin has the potential to become a true Arsenal great.."
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 5 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis