Van Persie's silverware dream as he pledges his future to Gunners
Robin van Persie said he only wants to win silverware with Arsenal after signing a contract extension with the club on Wednesday. The Netherlands striker, who arrived from Feyenoord in 2004, joined Theo Walcott, Kieron Gibbs, Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramse
Robin van Persie said he only wants to win silverware with Arsenal after signing a contract extension with the club on Wednesday.
The Netherlands striker, who arrived from Feyenoord in 2004, joined Theo Walcott, Kieron Gibbs, Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey in committing his future to the Gunners.
"One of the main reasons I signed was to lift a big trophy - I do not want to do it with a different team. I want to lift it with Arsenal," said the 25-year-old, who was the club's leading scorer last season with 20 goals.
"That is now my main target and it would make me so proud to do it. I know it is going to be hard, because we have lots of competition ... but I still see big chances for Arsenal, and it is my dream to lift trophies with this team."
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger added: "It's fantastic news that Robin has committed his long-term future to Arsenal Football Club, we're all delighted.
"Robin is a hugely gifted player and has the talent and goalscoring ability to win matches at the very top level... at only 25, there is still much more to come from him. Robin has the potential to become a true Arsenal great.."
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 10 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally