Van Persie belives Arsenal can land silverware this season
Robin van Persie insists confidence has returned to Arsenal – and that they can end the season with a trophy. The club s leading scorer, who is in Amsterdam preparing for the Netherlands World Cup qualifying double header with Scotland and Albania, says
Robin van Persie insists confidence has returned to Arsenal - and that they can end the season with a trophy.
The club's leading scorer, who is in Amsterdam preparing for the Netherlands' World Cup qualifying double header with Scotland and Albania, says Arsene Wenger's side can extend their 16-game domestic unbeaten run to the end of the season.
"We are not doing those silly things any more which cost us earlier in the season," he said.
"We have to keep on thinking positively all the time, whenever we go on a football pitch.
"Earlier this season we were not doing that enough, but right now we are doing it and look at the results."
"If we carry on in the same way we will not drop any more silly points - who knows what will happen in the league, the FA Cup and the Champions League?"
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 4 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 5 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 6 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 7 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 8 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 9 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 10 Hampstead to welcome boho women's lifestyle brand Free People
Meanwhile, Mikael Silvestre has declared himself fit to return to Arsenal's push for silverware.
The French defender, out with a tendon injury since January's FA Cup win against Plymouth, completed a full 90 minutes for Arsenal's reserves in their 0-0 draw with Chelsea on Monday.
"It was very good to be back," he said.
"There have been so many big games and the team is doing well so you want to enjoy that as much as you can and be involved... hopefully I can join in now."
Silvestre will provide valuable defensive cover for Arsene Wenger with vital Champions League and FA Cup ties against Villarreal CF and Chelsea looming.
Cesc Fabregas is also expected to return after the international break as he nears full fitness following a knee injury sustained in December, while Emmanuel Adebayor is also on the verge of returning after being called up by Togo this week.