Vampire weekend, LCD Soundsystem and Hot Chip set to rock Ally Pally
ALLY Pally is gearing up for a musical resurgence with a whole host of top acts booked to perform at the iconic site at the end of this year. As well as a dance music all-nighter, the palace will play host to some of the hottest acts around this year, i
ALLY Pally is gearing up for a "musical resurgence" with a whole host of top acts booked to perform at the iconic site at the end of this year.
As well as a dance music all-nighter, the palace will play host to some of the hottest acts around this year, including Hot Chip, LCD Soundsytem, Vampire Weekend and Professor Green. More acts are set to be announced, concert organisers promise.
First to hit the palace will be the Lynx Halloween All-Nighter on October 30, including some of the world's top DJs and live performances from several chart-topping artists such as Professor Green and Roll Deep.
The night, which hopes to attract 10,000 people, will include fairground rides, giant screens, laser and light displays and three rooms of music featuring 15 DJs in total.
You may also want to watch:
On November 10 pioneering dance-punk band LCD Soundsystem will open their UK tour at Ally Pally with special guests, Hot Chip. On December 2, US indie band Vampire Weekend, pictured left, end their UK tour at the Palace.
Alexandra Palace has already hosted a multitude of top music acts and events over the decades, including the Stone Roses, the MTV Europe Music Awards, Blur, The Strokes, Paul Weller, Bullet for My Valentine and hip-hop royalty, Jay-Z. Managing director Rebecca Kane says they are hoping to build on that reputation.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 9 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
"Music is the very lifeblood of Ally Pally," she said. "The venue has welcomed musicians of stellar proportions who have performed to millions of people over the decades.
"2010 sees something of a musical resurgence for the Palace.