Valentine’s fancy dress competition won by a ghost
Lisson Grove over-50s club crowns an unexpected winner of their Valentine’s Day fancy dress competition
CHARLIE Chaplin, Hawaiian hula girls and the unexpected figure of a ghost all enjoyed Valentine’s celebrations at a Lisson Grove over-50s club this week.
About 50 people wore their finest fancy dress for the event at the club’s weekly meeting at Greenside Community Centre.
Flowers were awarded to the best-dressed attendees – with the ghost (club member Jean Miller) one of four people to claim a prize.
Dolly Cuthbert, 82, who has run the club for five years, said: “It was a lovely event. Everyone was there to have some fun and they all seemed to really enjoy it.
You may also want to watch:
“There was lots of food for everyone, line dancing, exercises and, of course, bingo which no-one wants to miss out on.”
Last month, Ms Cuthbert won a prestigious Westminster Council Living City award for her work in running the club and organising social events, lunches and monthly trips to the seaside for members.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 5 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
Pictured are Carmelita Raven, Aurea Taguiang, Jean Miller (in her Halloween outfit), organiser Dolly Cuthbert and Uink Bui (Charlie Chaplin).