Valentine’s fancy dress competition won by a ghost
Lisson Grove over-50s club crowns an unexpected winner of their Valentine’s Day fancy dress competition
CHARLIE Chaplin, Hawaiian hula girls and the unexpected figure of a ghost all enjoyed Valentine’s celebrations at a Lisson Grove over-50s club this week.
About 50 people wore their finest fancy dress for the event at the club’s weekly meeting at Greenside Community Centre.
Flowers were awarded to the best-dressed attendees – with the ghost (club member Jean Miller) one of four people to claim a prize.
Dolly Cuthbert, 82, who has run the club for five years, said: “It was a lovely event. Everyone was there to have some fun and they all seemed to really enjoy it.
You may also want to watch:
“There was lots of food for everyone, line dancing, exercises and, of course, bingo which no-one wants to miss out on.”
Last month, Ms Cuthbert won a prestigious Westminster Council Living City award for her work in running the club and organising social events, lunches and monthly trips to the seaside for members.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 10 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
Pictured are Carmelita Raven, Aurea Taguiang, Jean Miller (in her Halloween outfit), organiser Dolly Cuthbert and Uink Bui (Charlie Chaplin).