Valentine’s fancy dress competition won by a ghost
Lisson Grove over-50s club crowns an unexpected winner of their Valentine’s Day fancy dress competition
CHARLIE Chaplin, Hawaiian hula girls and the unexpected figure of a ghost all enjoyed Valentine’s celebrations at a Lisson Grove over-50s club this week.
About 50 people wore their finest fancy dress for the event at the club’s weekly meeting at Greenside Community Centre.
Flowers were awarded to the best-dressed attendees – with the ghost (club member Jean Miller) one of four people to claim a prize.
Dolly Cuthbert, 82, who has run the club for five years, said: “It was a lovely event. Everyone was there to have some fun and they all seemed to really enjoy it.
You may also want to watch:
“There was lots of food for everyone, line dancing, exercises and, of course, bingo which no-one wants to miss out on.”
Last month, Ms Cuthbert won a prestigious Westminster Council Living City award for her work in running the club and organising social events, lunches and monthly trips to the seaside for members.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
Pictured are Carmelita Raven, Aurea Taguiang, Jean Miller (in her Halloween outfit), organiser Dolly Cuthbert and Uink Bui (Charlie Chaplin).