Valentine’s day treat for Haringey carers
- Credit: Archant
Haringey carers were treated to a manicure and some much-deserved care and attention as a Valentine’s present.
“We were treated like royalty, we all had bucks fizz and chocolate cake. All the ladies had a lovely time and floated out. Events add a bit of sparkle and a bit of glamour,” said organiser Sue Hessell, who took the carers to the Sorbet beauty salon in Crouch End.
“That’s what they need - it’s very hard to be at home 24/7, no-one sees what they do, it’s all behind doors. It’s really important to keep their spirits lifted.”
The group of carers meet up every week for coffee, cake and a break from caring for disabled and elderly adults.
Organiser Sue Hessell set up the group in 2012, after Haringey Carers Centre closed due to cuts.
You may also want to watch:
- The group meet at the Abide Church Hall on Park Road on Thursdays from 10-12.30.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Memorial for US Civil War veteran who lived in Kentish Town