Valentine’s day treat for Haringey carers
- Credit: Archant
Haringey carers were treated to a manicure and some much-deserved care and attention as a Valentine’s present.
“We were treated like royalty, we all had bucks fizz and chocolate cake. All the ladies had a lovely time and floated out. Events add a bit of sparkle and a bit of glamour,” said organiser Sue Hessell, who took the carers to the Sorbet beauty salon in Crouch End.
“That’s what they need - it’s very hard to be at home 24/7, no-one sees what they do, it’s all behind doors. It’s really important to keep their spirits lifted.”
The group of carers meet up every week for coffee, cake and a break from caring for disabled and elderly adults.
Organiser Sue Hessell set up the group in 2012, after Haringey Carers Centre closed due to cuts.
You may also want to watch:
- The group meet at the Abide Church Hall on Park Road on Thursdays from 10-12.30.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up