Valentine's Day Recipe - Tiramisu
Philippa teaches Jonny from Lancashire One how to impress the girls with his tiramisu.
Video by Lancashire One
For more food videos from Philippa vist Tigger's Kitchen at Lancashire One - here
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 Madeira sponge cake
1 tub of Mascarpone soft cheese
1 carton of custard
You may also want to watch:
1 small carton of double cream
Flaked almonds, or grated chocolate to decorate
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
Make coffee mixture first:
1. Mix four teaspoons of coffee with just enough boiling water to cover the granules, stir well and allow to cool. Once cold, add a good glug of Tia Maria, or Amaretto
2. Trim the crust off the sponge, and cut sponge into small cubes. Put half into four glasses and trickle half the coffee mixture over the sponge bases.
3. While this is soaking, mix half the custard with half the tub of Mascarpone and beat until smooth then dollop half this mixture over the sponge bases.
4. Repeat for second layer – cake, coffee, creamy mixture. Then either drizzle some cream on the top, or whip lightly and pipe on top.
5. Decorate with flaked almonds or grate some chocolate onto the cream.The custard, cream and cheese will keep in the fridge, covered, for a couple of days