Valentine's Day Recipe - Tiramisu
Philippa teaches Jonny from Lancashire One how to impress the girls with his tiramisu.
Video by Lancashire One
For more food videos from Philippa vist Tigger's Kitchen at Lancashire One - here
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 Madeira sponge cake
1 tub of Mascarpone soft cheese
1 carton of custard
You may also want to watch:
1 small carton of double cream
Flaked almonds, or grated chocolate to decorate
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Make coffee mixture first:
1. Mix four teaspoons of coffee with just enough boiling water to cover the granules, stir well and allow to cool. Once cold, add a good glug of Tia Maria, or Amaretto
2. Trim the crust off the sponge, and cut sponge into small cubes. Put half into four glasses and trickle half the coffee mixture over the sponge bases.
3. While this is soaking, mix half the custard with half the tub of Mascarpone and beat until smooth then dollop half this mixture over the sponge bases.
4. Repeat for second layer – cake, coffee, creamy mixture. Then either drizzle some cream on the top, or whip lightly and pipe on top.
5. Decorate with flaked almonds or grate some chocolate onto the cream.The custard, cream and cheese will keep in the fridge, covered, for a couple of days