Valentine's Day Recipe - Tiramisu
Philippa teaches Jonny from Lancashire One how to impress the girls with his tiramisu.
Video by Lancashire One
For more food videos from Philippa vist Tigger's Kitchen at Lancashire One - here
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 Madeira sponge cake
1 tub of Mascarpone soft cheese
1 carton of custard
You may also want to watch:
1 small carton of double cream
Flaked almonds, or grated chocolate to decorate
- 1 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
Make coffee mixture first:
1. Mix four teaspoons of coffee with just enough boiling water to cover the granules, stir well and allow to cool. Once cold, add a good glug of Tia Maria, or Amaretto
2. Trim the crust off the sponge, and cut sponge into small cubes. Put half into four glasses and trickle half the coffee mixture over the sponge bases.
3. While this is soaking, mix half the custard with half the tub of Mascarpone and beat until smooth then dollop half this mixture over the sponge bases.
4. Repeat for second layer – cake, coffee, creamy mixture. Then either drizzle some cream on the top, or whip lightly and pipe on top.
5. Decorate with flaked almonds or grate some chocolate onto the cream.The custard, cream and cheese will keep in the fridge, covered, for a couple of days