Valentine's Day Recipe - Tiramisu
Philippa teaches Jonny from Lancashire One how to impress the girls with his tiramisu.
Video by Lancashire One
For more food videos from Philippa vist Tigger's Kitchen at Lancashire One - here
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 Madeira sponge cake
1 tub of Mascarpone soft cheese
1 carton of custard
1 small carton of double cream
Flaked almonds, or grated chocolate to decorate
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 6 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 7 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 8 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 9 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 10 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
Make coffee mixture first:
1. Mix four teaspoons of coffee with just enough boiling water to cover the granules, stir well and allow to cool. Once cold, add a good glug of Tia Maria, or Amaretto
2. Trim the crust off the sponge, and cut sponge into small cubes. Put half into four glasses and trickle half the coffee mixture over the sponge bases.
3. While this is soaking, mix half the custard with half the tub of Mascarpone and beat until smooth then dollop half this mixture over the sponge bases.
4. Repeat for second layer – cake, coffee, creamy mixture. Then either drizzle some cream on the top, or whip lightly and pipe on top.
5. Decorate with flaked almonds or grate some chocolate onto the cream.The custard, cream and cheese will keep in the fridge, covered, for a couple of days