Use rest of season to remove deadwood, says Mabbutt
FORMER Spurs skipper Gary Mabbutt has warned that it s time to remove the deadwood as Spurs aim to finish the season on a high and prepare for a top four bid next season. Writing exclusively in the Ham&High this week, he says that the rest of the Premier
FORMER Spurs skipper Gary Mabbutt has warned that it's time to remove the deadwood as Spurs aim to finish the season on a high and prepare for a top four bid next season.
Writing exclusively in the Ham&High this week, he says that the rest of the Premier League campaign should be used to prepare for the new campaign.
''We should start using those games to get ready for next season, starting with the visit of Newcastle to the Lane on Sunday,'' he writes.
''If our intention is to make the top four next season - and I feel that is what we should be aiming for - then this is an ideal opportunity for the players to show Juande Ramos they have the ability and the character to make us into a top-four side. There is obviously some deadwood to be removed and it is also a good opportunity to do that.''
You may also want to watch:
The former White Hart Lane skipper also gives his views on last week's thrilling 4-4 draw with Chelsea, describing it as the most thrilling game he has seen for years.
See this week's Ham&High for Gary's insightful column.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 'The good times are back': Brendan the Navigator pub opens in Highgate
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Teenage girls admit string of Hampstead robberies