Use rest of season to remove deadwood, says Mabbutt
FORMER Spurs skipper Gary Mabbutt has warned that it s time to remove the deadwood as Spurs aim to finish the season on a high and prepare for a top four bid next season. Writing exclusively in the Ham&High this week, he says that the rest of the Premier
FORMER Spurs skipper Gary Mabbutt has warned that it's time to remove the deadwood as Spurs aim to finish the season on a high and prepare for a top four bid next season.
Writing exclusively in the Ham&High this week, he says that the rest of the Premier League campaign should be used to prepare for the new campaign.
''We should start using those games to get ready for next season, starting with the visit of Newcastle to the Lane on Sunday,'' he writes.
''If our intention is to make the top four next season - and I feel that is what we should be aiming for - then this is an ideal opportunity for the players to show Juande Ramos they have the ability and the character to make us into a top-four side. There is obviously some deadwood to be removed and it is also a good opportunity to do that.''
The former White Hart Lane skipper also gives his views on last week's thrilling 4-4 draw with Chelsea, describing it as the most thrilling game he has seen for years.
See this week's Ham&High for Gary's insightful column.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 3 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 4 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 5 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 6 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 7 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 8 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
- 9 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 10 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust