Use rest of season to remove deadwood, says Mabbutt
FORMER Spurs skipper Gary Mabbutt has warned that it s time to remove the deadwood as Spurs aim to finish the season on a high and prepare for a top four bid next season. Writing exclusively in the Ham&High this week, he says that the rest of the Premier
FORMER Spurs skipper Gary Mabbutt has warned that it's time to remove the deadwood as Spurs aim to finish the season on a high and prepare for a top four bid next season.
Writing exclusively in the Ham&High this week, he says that the rest of the Premier League campaign should be used to prepare for the new campaign.
''We should start using those games to get ready for next season, starting with the visit of Newcastle to the Lane on Sunday,'' he writes.
''If our intention is to make the top four next season - and I feel that is what we should be aiming for - then this is an ideal opportunity for the players to show Juande Ramos they have the ability and the character to make us into a top-four side. There is obviously some deadwood to be removed and it is also a good opportunity to do that.''
You may also want to watch:
The former White Hart Lane skipper also gives his views on last week's thrilling 4-4 draw with Chelsea, describing it as the most thrilling game he has seen for years.
See this week's Ham&High for Gary's insightful column.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road