Urgent discussions needed on Hornsey polyclinic plans
WE very much welcome the Prime Minister s statement this month of the need to listen to patients experience and expectations, and of the importance of achieving a way forward that will lead to an NHS that will become truly patient-led and ever more respo
WE very much welcome the Prime Minister's statement this month of the need to listen to patients' experience and expectations, and of the importance of achieving a way forward that will lead to an NHS that will become truly patient-led and ever more responsive to their needs.
If this is to be achieved in reality, then it is essential for Haringey TPCT to consult and directly engage with local people in the planning of services to be provided on the Hornsey Hospital site.
A consultation has just commenced on the future of health care in Barnet, Enfield and Haringey but this is primarily concerned with the distribution of services between Barnet, Chase Farm and North Middlesex Hospitals.
It does not appear to include consultation with local people on the changed plans for the Hornsey Hospital site, although PCT board papers indicate that intentions for the new site are to create a 'polyclinic' in which GPs, serving a patient population of 50,000, will be sited. Although the Campaign has been told that public meetings will be held as part of a 'consultation' process on the new plans for the site, by themselves, such meetings do not amount to a properly considered strategy to inform, consult and involve local residents and service users.
You may also want to watch:
We are also greatly concerned about whether any consultation will be real or in name only.
Two of these meetings, we have just learnt, have been scheduled to take place during the summer holiday season. Residents interested in attending should contact Haringey Primary Care Trust for details.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
Better Local Healthcare